• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Argh, couldn't weasel my way out of dinner with the gf that was planned weeks ago. Will have to tape tonight's match :(

Should be a cracker. Reckon with the history and the form of both players it could go either way.

Dydl

International Debutant
I've gotten more and more excited about tonight's final as today's gone on.

Hope it's a cracker; nobody really wants a one-sided game either way.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Argh, couldn't weasel my way out of dinner with the gf that was planned weeks ago. Will have to tape tonight's match :(

Should be a cracker. Reckon with the history and the form of both players it could go either way.
So no doubt will be watching it around the same time we do in Perth. :@

Maybe tonight ends that ridiculous streak of straight set results in women's finals.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Loving this Henin vs. Williams preview.

So awesome.

Showing the French Open history between the two, the previous times Williams has looked dead at the Aust Open and won.

Great viewing. About time Channel 7 did something right.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Just after Hewitt breaks into the top 20, he's gone and got hip surgery again. :( Bad news because now the Masters he's gonna miss before Roland Garros will all count.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Going to three sets then. Serena had a bit of a mid-set breakdown in the 2nd after being a break up. Henin then reeled off 4 games on the bounce to take it.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( going to take a mammoth effort from Justine now. The single greatest advantage Serena has over the rest of the players on the Womens tour is the fact that her serve is just so much more powerful & reliable than the rest.

Dydl

International Debutant
Can hardly complain about how Justine's played in her two tournaments since coming back. She can only get better from here, which is the best part.

Could hardly hope for a better final tonight, providing both players' A games turn up.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just read that Edberg did the Slam of Boys titles in 1983 (only person to do it).

The following year Mark Kratzmann of Australia won 3 (Aus, Wim, US).

He could obviously play and I freely admit I dont follow tennis closely. What happened to his career? What is his story?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking forward to tonight's match. Should be a cracker if they both play well.

What time does it start? Want to make sure I'm home for it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just watched the match on VHS without knowing the result.

Serena what a ****ing champion. Screw the haters, keep on winning the big ones!

Henin was solid, but couldn't land a first serve to save her life.

Serena in that 3rd set when down break points was ****ing awesome. So brilliant at the clutch.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just read that Edberg did the Slam of Boys titles in 1983 (only person to do it).

The following year Mark Kratzmann of Australia won 3 (Aus, Wim, US).

He could obviously play and I freely admit I dont follow tennis closely. What happened to his career? What is his story?
Is he the guy that ended up playing Cricket for Hong Kong? Pretty sure I read about him quite recently that he had some injury (back perhaps) which stuffed up his tennis career. He ended up moving to HK and played Cricket for them.