• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jurgen Melzer
+1

My favourite tennis player around. Has the most glorious backhand volley.

Would make sure you see some Stanislas Wawrinka if he's there too. His single-handed backhand is worth the admission fee alone. EDIT: Just checked, and he's not. Unforunate :(.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah was going to mention Zverev too actually.

Samuel, I became a fan of Querrey during the "US Open Series" this year. Pretty good effort to beat out the top 5 players in the world (not including Nadal). Granted he played more tournaments.

Won me over with his awesome match against Wawrinka at Indian Wells. Was unlucky to lose that match in the third set tiebreak.

Last edited:

Simon

Interesting list, Hewitt, Roger, Rafa all certainties, Agassi probably not far away from one and Roddick obviously won out over Safin for consistentcy. Even though Safin won more slams, was world number 1 for longer I think Roddick's record of year end finishes since 2001 of 14,10,1,2,3,6,6,8,7 is hard to ignore.

Edit: Haas would have obviously been 7th if they were adding two more I'm guessing.

Simon

Great work Davydenko.

I just booked tickets to the Brisbane International. Last year I got to see Tsonga vs Gasquet in the semi's, this time going on the first Sunday.

Brisbane’s 2010 line-up Pretty good lineup, is there anyone not so obvious worth seeing if I get the chance?
Missed this before, make sure you see Jeremy Chardy, will reach the top 15 sometime during 2010 imo and will do very well at the Aus open, quarters is my prediction.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Edit: Haas would have obviously been 7th if they were adding two more I'm guessing.
Didn't get an honourable mention in the article :ph34r:

Those went to:

- Sampras
- Safin
- Gustavo Kuerten
- Davydenko
- Nalbandian
- Ferrero

Simon

Didn't get an honourable mention in the article :ph34r:

Those went to:

- Sampras
- Safin
- Gustavo Kuerten
- Davydenko
- Nalbandian
- Ferrero
Noticed that, Davydenko, **** me. Sure hes done ok but shouldn't even have been an after thought for this sort of list.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Missed this before, make sure you see Jeremy Chardy, will reach the top 15 sometime during 2010 imo and will do very well at the Aus open, quarters is my prediction.
Yeah I've seen some of his matches when he had a good run at the French Open. I remember the name because of one of my mates named Chris Hardy.

Really looking forward to the summer of tennis, at least my girl actually likes Tennis, not like Cricket. 8-)