• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
V Reddy said:
Another one on the electric atmosphere in the Stadium during Sania's match

Hope Jono was there :)
I wasn't able to go to the tennis on Friday because I had a chiropractic appointment for my shoulder. Turns out what I thought was a simple strain playing cricket is actually a torn ligament in my shoulder. :(

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Nah, thought he would get beaten easy, although tipped him for some stupid reason.
davydenko was my hot tip of the day, i told my mum this morning henman was gonna lose, she laughed at me, i just had a feeling, with ed tipping the same as me on the other matches, i think ill have a 4 point lead now :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Still been top 10 for a long time - hardly "woeful"
If you dont perform to the best of your ability, playing brilliant tennis one day, hopeless another, its woeful.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He's still not 'woeful' though. But I'd never bank on him winning a grand slam. He's just filler, like what Ferrero has become. :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh by the way, can anyone tell me what Chena (sp?) did to Hewitt during tonight's match. I was in the kitchen when supposedly he did something quite distasteful out of frustration. Courier was going on about it for ages, and Chena apologised to Hewitt during their aftermatch handshake, but Courier said Hewitt hasn't got a clue what Chena did, and might not be as forgiving when he finds out. I guess his back was turned?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Does any player play to the best of their ability every day?
No. But being inconsistent and not performing to potential in key matches is woeful. He had the talent to win a grand slam, has come close but never had the killer instinct. Sad/woeful..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
I hardly think woeful is the right word.

Disappointing yes, but woeful?
Its disappointing for some fan. Woeful in the eyes of another. Some one who thinks Henman has no potential may think its an exceptional achievment.

I have seen Henman play quality tennis and expceted much more from his career than what he has achieved till now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Henman might have had the potential to win a grand slam, but he would had to have worked at his game and improve on it significantly over a period of time earlier in his career. I would say he was never good enough at any time during his career to win a grand slam simply because his serve has gotten worse and worse on grass/hard court. In his early 20s Henman had the 7th fastest serve of the year - now his serve is just powder puff garbage and he simply doesn't win enough easy points to beat the best (kinda pointless getting your 1st serve above 60% when it's easier to hit than most 2nd serves). I also think he listens too much to the codswallop some of the BBC tennis commentators come out with - the ones that make out every point Henman wins is brilliantly played and has huge psychological consequences for his opponent.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
IMO today was the best day of tennis so far. Nadal vs. Hewitt was awesome, and Venus vs. Molik was a great battle despite it only going for 2 sets. The Aussies had a good day today.

Nalbandian vs. Coria should be great if Coria's apparent injury doesn't bother him.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
IMO today was the best day of tennis so far. Nadal vs. Hewitt was awesome, and Venus vs. Molik was a great battle despite it only going for 2 sets. The Aussies had a good day today.

Nalbandian vs. Coria should be great if Coria's apparent injury doesn't bother him.
Molik-Mania is in fullswing, omg she is so awesome, lets hope she can keep going...

this first set has already taken 50 minutes to play 9 games, imagine if it goes 5 sets, it wont finish until tomorrow night...