• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It goes to the point that he's a dickhead though. Whether you think he shouldn't get fined or whatever, he's a jackass IMO, and many others. And it wouldn't have been a 'beat up' had he not already transgressed in the past I imagine.

If others like him, fair enough. I've never denied he's a tremendous battler with awesome fighting spirit on the court.

I just watched the Blake/linesman incident again, so horrible.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Eh, I don't think you'll find anyone who denies he was an absolute arsehole. But whether it be because he isn't one of the top players or has matured a bit, he's a lot better now.

And thankfully Brydan Klein has come to nothing so far. On current form it seems he's ready to take Lleyton's place as token Australian ****.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
See, to me he seems like a ridiculously competitive guy who sometimes goes too far as a result than a complete asshole. I guess he's a bit hard to like but from how everyone here talks about him i thought he'd done something really awful as opposed to a series of irritating little outbursts.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I find accusing a linesman to be biased because he's black as really awful and definitely not little, you may not though.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Just trying to decide what matches to watch today....

Fish and Djokovic....

Haas and Cilic... ?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just trying to decide what matches to watch today....

Fish and Djokovic....

Haas and Cilic... ?
I'm a big fan of Fish, and I know he's beaten Federer before, but I can't help but feel that he always falls short when he comes up against a top 10 player.

I'd go Haas vs. Cilic.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
I'm a big fan of Fish, and I know he's beaten Federer before, but I can't help but feel that he always falls short when he comes up against a top 10 player.

I'd go Haas vs. Cilic.

..yeah,seems good to me...watch the Federer match,then the above and catch some decent mens doubles after....hopefully see some good tennis today....:)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Söderling takes the first set 9-7 on the tie-break. Was 5-1, then 5-6 (chucked away two service points :dry: )

Feds breaks the coal-writer's serve immediately...and now Söderling takes his second break point to go 4-3 up in the second.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It goes to the point that he's a dickhead though. Whether you think he shouldn't get fined or whatever, he's a jackass IMO, and many others. And it wouldn't have been a 'beat up' had he not already transgressed in the past I imagine.

If others like him, fair enough. I've never denied he's a tremendous battler with awesome fighting spirit on the court.

I just watched the Blake/linesman incident again, so horrible.
I was playing ping pong at lunch today and came back from 6-10 down and put in a few c'mons with my fingers pointing towards my forehead. It fired me up! I can see why Hewitt does it. I didn't care how much of a dickhead I looked like, I was more worried about not losing.