• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Delko did awesome to win that after losing the second set from 3-0 up to lose the next 7 games.

I like Serena's white trench coat. Looks classy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cilic vs Querrey was an awesome match!

Two terrific youngsters, obviously Cilic has made a name for himself, but Querrey is on his way.

Querrey hadn't dropped a point on serve in the 5th set, and at 5-6 down, the pressure just got to him.

Cilic vs. Haas is going to be awesome!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
You could be right.

But Haas is in form, and basically had a walkover, Cilic had a 5-setter (only the 6th of his career). He's still young, it may have an effect.
It's true, but Haas was also taken to five by Peya (highest world no 92) and has had to play on all three days so far.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is ROUND 1 FFS!!!.

Bit of perspective please.
Say it regularly about Murray tbh, he doesn't have another level to step up to when his opponent is playing well and he always plays defensively lets him dominate. There's no shame in it happening against Federer like it did in the US, but it shouldn't happen against Verdasco and Gonzalez (at the Aussie and French Open respectively) if he wants to challenge for slams.

Ftr, i quite like him as a player because he uses so much variety. Certainly think he's over-hyped though.

Simon

It's true, but Haas was also taken to five by Peya (highest world no 92) and has had to play on all three days so far.
Err Haas won in 4 and only had to play 7 games in round 2. He's fresh, in form and actually favourite in the betting. It'll be a top match and the winner will make the semi (beating Djokovic in the quarters) and I definitely thinking Tommy can win.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Err Haas won in 4 and only had to play 7 games in round 2. He's fresh, in form and actually favourite in the betting. It'll be a top match and the winner will make the semi (beating Djokovic in the quarters) and I definitely thinking Tommy can win.
wimbledon??!!:blink:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
To be honest, that is what I wanted to ask (about Tommy )when I clicked on this thread. Have been busy with work and Sledger Saga has taken up all my Internet time to check anything else on Internet/sport.

Uppercut

The BBC's coverage of Wimbledon is absolutely awesome. Choice of nearly any match you want. I can watch my favourite player on the circuit Jurgen Melzer play Benjamin Becker on court 4 when a few years ago (and for any other tennis tournament) that would be completely impossible.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The BBC's coverage of Wimbledon is absolutely awesome. Choice of nearly any match you want. I can watch my favourite player on the circuit Jurgen Melzer play Benjamin Becker on court 4 when a few years ago (and for any other tennis tournament) that would be completely impossible.
The BBC interactive coverage has hardly changed for 9 years tbh, the Iplayer stuff has come on line in the last couple of years, but thats just streaming the courts that were available through Interactive before.

It really surprised me when I went to Australia, NZ etc and their coverage of sporting events like this (and olympics etc) was so poor, given the interactive technology had been around 5+ years over here.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Wtf? No posts on JMDP vs Hewitt?

Great match, anyway. (Well, except the end of the second and third sets, which were mildly choky tstl.)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Compare it to coverage in Perth where we get all the outside court matches on Fox live, and any big match on a four hour delay. Oh, and it is no fun trying to dodge results on the Foxtel coverage.

**** I hate Nine.

But Lleyton :D Zverev might really trouble him if he wins tonight, but he's a massive chance of making the quarters (where he could really trouble Roddick if recent encounters are anything to go by).

EDIT: Okay, so Zverev blows a number of leads and goes in five. Apparently was up 5-2 in the fourth and had match points elsewhere. Went down 4-6, 7-6, 3-6, 7-6, 6-0. Good result for Hewitt IMO.

Last edited: