• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
If you can't watch it, you should listen to RG radio on the official website. They had Mahesh Bhupathi on the other day and it was awesome.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has an amazing athletic body imo.
I well would.
Most fellas would, just that she isn't marketable as a hottie like Ivanovic, Kournikova etc. Seems the only way women's tennis gets its dues unfortunately.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Most fellas would, just that she isn't marketable as a hottie like Ivanovic, Kournikova etc. Seems the only way women's tennis gets its dues unfortunately.
right now i'd say there is a valid reason for that...there is a serious lack of exceptional talent...serena and venus are exceptional but they are too inconsistent...outside of that we have a bunch of good players at the top, none of who even figure on the fringes of greatness...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Amazing!

If she was more attractive this would be massive news here.
Dokic got a ridiculous amount of coverage (to the point where it was embarrassing how they'd go on about her previous 'sins', and the apology to the Aust. public etc) and Stosur is far better looking than Dokic.

pasag

RTDAS
Dokic got a ridiculous amount of coverage (to the point where it was embarrassing how they'd go on about her previous 'sins', and the apology to the Aust. public etc) and Stosur is far better looking than Dokic.
Debatable and completely different situation anyways.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Interesting that Jelena Jankovic agrees with you, and a lot of others, on that. Don't know if her comments have been reported in this thread yet.

Link here if it hasn't. Sorry if it has.
Lol, that's why she'll never win a Slam. At least know who your opponent is!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had Dokic got into the semis rather than Stosur, you reckon there would have been more coverage?
I don't know about you, but there's been plenty of coverage about Stosur. Probably, if there wasn't an origin game on she would have got more coverage, she certainly has got a lot up here along the lines of 2 wins for Queensland, and they even interviewed her Father and brother on the Today show. I think it's been reasonable. I think if Dokic had of made it through there might not have been significantly more coverage, they especially wouldn't have interviewed her father and brother.