• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Clijsters To Make Comeback

Was never the biggest Clijsters fan but Womens tennis needs more decent players at the top level. Its basically becoming a case again of the Williams sisters winning if they turn up to the tournaments if they really want to win them. Was watching the final of Indian Wells yesterday and while Zvonereva and Ivanovic are good players they shouldnt be top 5 at the moment.
Yeah again, never big fan, but the game needs here.

Just on the Williams sisters, they both got fined big time (like hundreds of thousands of dollars) for not showing up to Indian Wells.

They boycott that tournament every year because they believe the crowds were racist a few years back. Bit stuff to fine them I'd say.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeh probably a bit harsh.

Clijsters has officially confirmed her comeback overnight, I hope for her sake its a little more consistently successful than Hingis' comeback.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh probably a bit harsh.

Clijsters has officially confirmed her comeback overnight, I hope for her sake its a little more consistently successful than Hingis' comeback.
with the paucity of any quality talent outside of the temperamental williams sisters, clijsters has a chance to do really well i'd say....she is young enough, depends on how serious she is...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Stosur must have played well.

She just beat Mauresmo in straight sets, who whilst not to her standards 2-3 years ago, is still a good win under her belt.

Will be interesting to see if she can keep this up. Maybe... just maybe she doesn't choke anymore :eek:

Meanwhile Murray is playing as bad as possible vs. Massu. 4-4 in the first, but its painful to watch. Just beat him already.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Beat Federer ar Indian Wells, so good enough you'd say. Just played really **** in the final when there weer windy conditions. Just didn't know what to do.

Cilic lost to Ferrer :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ever since she was in those Optus ads and the elephant blows water on her.

Suggested she didn't mind it too much. She was tolerant of it anyway :ph34r: