• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This year's Australian Open final will be played at night. Is this the first year, or did it happen last year?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
This year's Australian Open final will be played at night. Is this the first year, or did it happen last year?
yeh this is the first time, although the US open final has been at night for a while now...

Mister Wright

Ok. Thanks. I'm not so convinced that the night final is a great idea. Yes it is better for the T.V. stations, but the thing I love about the Australian Open final (and the whole tournament) is the way the players have to sweat it out in the middle of the day. Oh well, all things change.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Ok. Thanks. I'm not so convinced that the night final is a great idea. Yes it is better for the T.V. stations, but the thing I love about the Australian Open final (and the whole tournament) is the way the players have to sweat it out in the middle of the day. Oh well, all things change.
imo it doesnt make much difference, they have a night session every day, having the final at night is just the next step...

Simon

Australia had a close call this earlier today against the Slovaks, Scud lookd woeful again, Germany and Russia are 1 all with the mixed still to come, Haas played brilliantly to beat Safin 6-3 3-6 6-1, if he can maintain that level of play for the summer he will do quite well i feel, i honestly cant say ive ever seen him looking fitter or faster on the court...
go tommy :D

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I'm with you broncoman, I hadn't watched Haas play in a while, and tonight I was reminded of what he's like. He's offically my favourite player again.

Mister Wright

Buddhmaster said:
I'm with you broncoman, I hadn't watched Haas play in a while, and tonight I was reminded of what he's like. He's offically my favourite player again.
Suck-up. :p

Simon

Mister Wright said:
lol, im thinking that...

A great win by the Germans in the mixed doubles, so russia are in trouble, i think Germany should beat the other two sides, Groenefeld should beat dulko when we play Argentina, but haas vs coria will be tough, however italy should be beaten 3-0....

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Why would I suck up to broncoman? I like Haas, just because he does too, doesn't mean i'm sucking up. Here's my top 5 fave players, just for the sake of it.

1: Nalbandian
2: Haas
3: Safin
4: Nadal
5: Moya

Buddhmaster

International Captain
No I only said Haas was my favourite in the heat of the moment. Because he had just one his games. But no 2 is still good.

Simon

my top 5

1 Haas
daylight
2 Safin
3 Hrbaty
4 Mayer
5 Kiefer

Last edited:

Simon

James90 said:
Russia!!! Disappointing, they let me down. I really expected Safin to win :(
i didnt, haas and safin are about as good as each other, so the winner on the day would really take the tie cause generally he male winner, also wins the mixed doubles...

Mister Wright

Buddhmaster said:
Why would I suck up to broncoman? I like Haas, just because he does too, doesn't mean i'm sucking up. Here's my top 5 fave players, just for the sake of it.

1: Nalbandian
2: Haas
3: Safin
4: Nadal
5: Moya
It was a joke mate, chill out.

Mister Wright

My top 5:

1. Reserved for Rafter even though he is retired.
2. Phillipousis
3. Hewitt
4. Molik
5. El Younai (sp)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Am I the only one disappointed by Buddhmaster's new avatar...anyway back on topic

1. Safin
2. Hewitt
3. Philippousis
4. Sharapova
5. Myskena
6. El Aynouis