• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Poo is like the Pakistan cricket side, he can be woeful one day & simply brilliant the next. He had a terrible last year, I doubt he will follow that up again this year. Poo & Molik play well together, and this should be a good chance for Phillipousis to get some good match practice in. My tip is Russia.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Russia are definately the team to beat, they are on Germany's side of the draw, so im looking foward to Haas play Safin, if the Aus open draw permits, thats my tip for the final on January 30...

Argentina will be up there too, Coria is fully fit now and is still one of the wolrds top 3 or 4 players on his day, Dulko goes ok, but Coria will carry the team....

If Hantuchova plays to her potential the Slovaks could do well again, Hrbaty is the 3rd highest ranked male (13) there, so theres always a chance they could win a few matches...

Piper

International Captain
Peanutbutterbar said:
Sharapova and Kournikova would make the best partnership.
Simon so u are alive then?
the only reason they would make the best partnership coz they are the hottest tennis players (well i cant really see why anna kourn-i-cant-play-tennis-to-save-mylife-ikova fits that description)

Simon

kournikova has reitired anyway, so she wont be playing anytime soon...

as for federer, he will lose in the quarters is my predicition...

Simon

thats a silly assumption to make, he will win wimbledon no doubt, hes by far the best grass courter on the tour, the french open is another story, Coria, Ferrero, Moya and Nalbandian are all better than him on the clay and if they play their best, each should beat him there. Aus open and US open are on hard court, so it gives anyone a chance to win it if they play to their potential, its hard to win 7 matches in a row against class opposition, there are players out there who can beat him...

also the fact no player that has won 3 or more grand slams in a year had been able to win slam the next year says alot, hes a marked man, given that, it will be a miracle if he doesnt win at wimbledon, but the other slams will go elsewhere this year imo...

But the guy is just so good. Always plays good no matter what. All the ones you mentioned may be better on some surfaces, but are still not at his level.

Simon

Peanutbutterbar said:
But the guy is just so good. Always plays good no matter what. All the ones you mentioned may be better on some surfaces, but are still not at his level.
Safin is on his level, Federer has everything, no weaknesses, but Safin's power and timing make him dangerous, Federer fears him and rightly so...