• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anil said:
hewitt vs federer...who will win? hewitt has been in wonderful form this last few weeks of summer and federer is...well federer, the most versatile player in tennis today. i feel that hewitt has a good chance although i want federer to win...
IMO the Hewitt v Federer will become the new Borg & McEnroe - they will be major rivals for the next few years. Both men have never lost a Grand Slam Final, so it will be a close match. Federer isn't playing as well as he was at Wimbledon, & Hewitt is in the best form of his career so far, so this is a big chance for Hewitt. I know I will be getting up early.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol kyle, theres so many great players in this era, roddick is the match of federer as the top 2 while in their best form. Then Hewitt is the next lot just below them with guys like Moya, Ferrero, Coria, Haas, Safin etc...

i cant really pick a winner, hewitt is in top form, but federer is becomming like michael schumacher, hes beatable but you would be brave to bet against him. Ill say federer in 4 sets, but not with a lot of confidence...

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
lol kyle, theres so many great players in this era, roddick is the match of federer as the top 2 while in their best form. Then Hewitt is the next lot just below them with guys like Moya, Ferrero, Coria, Haas, Safin etc...

i cant really pick a winner, hewitt is in top form, but federer is becomming like michael schumacher, hes beatable but you would be brave to bet against him. Ill say federer in 4 sets, but not with a lot of confidence...
Good to see you're getting down off that fence there Simon.

I'll tip Hewitt in 5.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Svetlana Kuznetsova won the woman title 6-3, 7-5.

Hewitt and Federer will be a ripper, will be up for that for sure...

Simon

thewizard1o1 said:
Svetlana Kuznetsova won the woman title 6-3, 7-5.

Hewitt and Federer will be a ripper, will be up for that for sure...
shes a good player, apparently the best of the russian lot, and the form shes displayed in recent weeks whos gonna argue?!?!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
Yet no mention of Henman in that list?

Simon

i think heman is a bit below those guys too, hes a very good player no doubt, but i dont think he is able to win a grand slam.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Hewitt got off to a dreadful start - had his a$$ handed to him in the first set by Federer, 6-0. Second set was looking bad too, but he just broke back and he's right back in the second set (6-5 on serve).

Going to be really hard to fight back here though. He's playing his best tennis at the moment just to stay with Federer.

Simon

6-0 7-6 6-0
where are you now tipping god?
federer showed he really is a class above the rest of the players with that display.....

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
World tennis rankings as they should read

Federer

Daylight

More daylight

A little more daylight

Heck why not more daylight

Roddick

Hewitt

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
6-0 7-6 6-0
where are you now tipping god?
federer showed he really is a class above the rest of the players with that display.....

Hmmm...my player made it two more rounds than yours, oh Tennis-Gambling expert you. At least I'm not making excuses for my player, and can see when he gets beaten by a better player.

It was my opinion that Hewitt would play well enough to beat Federer, he obviously didn't, these things happen.

Simon

broncoman said:
ok ive popped in, im not gonna make any excuses, quarter finals was a good result, lleyton was just too good on the day....
yeh i really made excuses when i said that.....

Mister Wright

Try this post:

broncoman said:
lol thats rich!
unlike most forum members i actually have opinions on most things rather than take 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
Yesterdays conditions for tennis wer abismal, it was always going to be a case of whoever handled it better on the day would win. Haas didnt adapt and he lost the match.
Just at this stage Lleyton is playing as well as he ever has, Haas is still on the comeback trail, but playing some damn good tennis, we can compare world rankings in may next year after haas has had a full year on the calander and we can see where they are at....

Simon

so u wat to argue the conditions were not abismal for tennis? and you believe haas isnt on the comeback trail still?
they are facts, not excuses.....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
so u wat to argue the conditions were not abismal for tennis? and you believe haas isnt on the comeback trail still?
they are facts, not excuses.....
The conditions may have been abismal, but both players had to play in them, which just proves that Hewitt is the better and classier player. Haas maybe on the comeback trail, but that is not a reason for losing, it is an excuse. A reason for losing could be - temper tantrums, poor play, bad umpire line calls or being beaten by a better player.

Simon

*Official* 2007 Tennis Thread

The Tennis gets underway early next week starting with the Hopman cup in perth, the participants are

Australia
Alicia Molik / Mark Philippoussis
Zimbabwe
Cara Black / Wayne Black
Netherlands
Michaella Krajicek / Peter Wessels
Russia
Anastasia Myskina / Marat Safin
Italy
Francesca Schiavone / Davide Sanguinetti
Slovak Republic
Daniela Hantuchova / Dominik Hrbaty
Argentina
Gisela Dulko / Guillermo Coria
Germany
Anna-Lena Groenefeld / Tommy Haas
USA
Lindsay Davenport / James Blake

Ill hoping for a Germany win, also a good performance from the aussies as usual, im expecting the Hatuchova vs Molik match on Monday to be a good one :D

The Aus open starts on the 16th January with Tournaments in Adeliade, Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Tasmania and Auckland in the next few weeks....

Simon

Peanutbutterbar said:
I'm going for the Tommy, because I hate the Poo.
hes been playing like poo for a while now, i dont think theres much danger of Australia winning it to be honest...