• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
And a Hewitt family Semi, With Lleytons Sisters Boyfriend taking on Lleyton...

Hmm loyalties tested here i reckon...

Oh weres Simon today??? :p :p :p ;) ;)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:

Oh weres Simon today??? :p :p :p ;) ;)

That is a very good question Blewy, just where is Simon?

This feels really good, I wanted to fill a whole post with HAHAHAHA...but I thought against it, as I'm a good winner (usually).

This is great, I have got Simon twice in a row now.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
That is a very good question Blewy, just where is Simon?

This feels really good, I wanted to fill a whole post with HAHAHAHA...but I thought against it, as I'm a good winner (usually).

This is great, I have got Simon twice in a row now.
I think it might be easier to find Wally then Simon after the Hewitt/Haas game :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:

yeah, though they did play vs each other in the davis cup a while back

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ok ive popped in, im not gonna make any excuses, quarter finals was a good result, lleyton was just too good on the day....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
ok ive popped in, im not gonna make any excuses, quarter finals was a good result, lleyton was just too good on the day....
Or just a better player than Haas perhaps?

Simon

lol thats rich!
unlike most forum members i actually have opinions on most things rather than take 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
Yesterdays conditions for tennis wer abismal, it was always going to be a case of whoever handled it better on the day would win. Haas didnt adapt and he lost the match.
Just at this stage Lleyton is playing as well as he ever has, Haas is still on the comeback trail, but playing some damn good tennis, we can compare world rankings in may next year after haas has had a full year on the calander and we can see where they are at....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
lol thats rich!
unlike most forum members i actually have opinions on most things rather than take 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
Yesterdays conditions for tennis wer abismal, it was always going to be a case of whoever handled it better on the day would win. Haas didnt adapt and he lost the match.
Just at this stage Lleyton is playing as well as he ever has, Haas is still on the comeback trail, but playing some damn good tennis, we can compare world rankings in may next year after haas has had a full year on the calander and we can see where they are at....
That is if Haas does make it a year on the tour. That is 365 days without an injury or some kind of coach change.

Simon

kyle, he had one long injury which stuffed him around for a year and a half and he is with his oringal coach, hes been with him for 2 years since hes gone back to him.

on Monday he will be ranked top 25, hes managed to get there from being unranked in january, a pretty fair effort really....

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
kyle, he had one long injury which stuffed him around for a year and a half and he is with his oringal coach, hes been with him for 2 years since hes gone back to him.

on Monday he will be ranked top 25, hes managed to get there from being unranked in january, a pretty fair effort really....
It is nothing special for a player of his talent.

_Ed_

I can't remember the last time that no US men or women have won any Grand Slams in a year, but with an all Russian women's final and no Americans in either semi final in the men's draw, that is going to be the case this year.

Simon

the more amazing fact is that before this year, no russian women had ever been in a grand slam final and we have seen Myskina and Sharapova win one, dementieva make the final of two and kuznetsova make one. of course kouznetsova or dementieva will win it tonight, thats really a remarkable stat!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
hewitt vs federer...who will win? hewitt has been in wonderful form this last few weeks of summer and federer is...well federer, the most versatile player in tennis today. i feel that hewitt has a good chance although i want federer to win...