• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, first time I'm seeing this Dellacqua, and she's awesome. Normally I'm a bit :dry: when suddenly all of Australia gets behind a player when they really couldn't give two ****s about him/her, but she's got a really good attitude and has fought back well from two breaks down in this first set.

Hopefully she can beat Jankovic here.

irfan

State Captain
Wow, first time I'm seeing this Dellacqua, and she's awesome. Normally I'm a bit :dry: when suddenly all of Australia gets behind a player when they really couldn't give two ****s about him/her, but she's got a really good attitude and has fought back well from two breaks down in this first set.

Hopefully she can beat Jankovic here.
Love the umpire in this game. Neither player trusts his calls and have been challenging him a few times in this set.

Fair enough too, the guy looks like Afroman's cousin who has just woken up from a drug induced stupor.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Disappointing second set by Dellacqua.

Ah well, Jankovic to get owned by Serena next round just like last year.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointing second set by Dellacqua.

Ah well, Jankovic to get owned by Serena next round just like last year.
Yeah, I'm expecting 6-0, 6-0 especially with that serve.

Dellacqua was very impressive tonight. Has great potential.

Dydl

International Debutant
^ Yeah, was just thinking that. Big improvement from 1st round drop-outs for the past five tournaments. Got a lot of potential too and a great down-to-earth attitude. One to watch for the future.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't see how anyone couldn't find Djokovic annoying. Stop bouncing the ****ing ball you ****.
Nah he rules.

Nole singing I Will Survive

And then you have his impersonations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6RUfeGLIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYA_7RUSarU

Genuine :laugh: @ his Nadal impersonation. Crotch pick and all.
His Federer one at the end of the 2nd video is hilarious too.

Its pretty cool that he can be so chilled and relaxed minutes before a Grand Slam match.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year

Son Of Coco

Yeah, I'm expecting 6-0, 6-0 especially with that serve.

Dellacqua was very impressive tonight. Has great potential.
It's a pity she didn't play as well as last round, I think she would have been in with a decent shot at it. She has done really well though, hits the ball hard and plays some impressive shots.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Now she's Australia's number one female tennis player. Just on that note Alicia Molik's performance on the Open this year has been disappointing. I was expecting her to do much better.

Johnners

This open was only Moliks 3rd tournament back from a lengthy injury break so she was always going to find it difficult to make it past the top players. I really don't expect to see her close to her best until around Wimbledon (or is it Wimbeldon?)

Looking at the rankings atm, you could almost argue that womens tennis in Australia is stronger than the mens for the first time in quite some time. When Stosur & Molik get back to full fitness, and their best tennis, they're top 30 players. And now that Dellacqua is starting to find her feet we could potentially have 3 Australian players in the top 50 by years end.

On the mens side though, there is really only Hewitt & Guccione...

Last edited:

howardj

International Coach
Absolute love/hate relationship with Hewitt - though you have to cheer for him in Week 2.

I have netball tonight, so hopefully this match is a five set marathon.

What about the match the other night! 4:45am finish!