• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
1. for me, roddick's(or anyone else's for that matter) on-court mannerisms don't count quite so much as how well he plays(even how well they can potentially play)...and i have seen what kind of a peak he is capable of...he will always need a lot of luck if he is to win or contend in big tournaments...i don't particularly mind seeing him play but i am never too sad when he goes out..

2. the 1st point leads to the second and from my perspective, there is nothing pretty or damned or silly about my statement which is true in more than one way...he would lose handily against any of federer or nadal or djokovic at full flow and to a fair few others on their day as well, and i have no specific wish to see him survive a little longer just to witness his extra-curricular activities...:)
Umm yes it is silly, because you said Federer. You didn't say "He'd have lost to so, so and so" eventually anyway. You specifically chose the best player in the world who has won 3 of the last 4 Aus Opens.

Why didn't you say it when Safin went out? "He woud have lost to Federer eventually anyway"

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ZOMG, Tipsarevic to serve for the 3rd set. Australia & Federer under pressure on the same day...

EDIT: Haha, and takes the 3rd set. This will be interesting...

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
stupid TV is 4 games behind, this could go either way. Would like Feds to win cause no one wants to see yet another midranked player in the later rounds but on the other hand it might be nice if someone other thann Roger wins for once. I also believe if Federer loses here and Nadal goes on to win the title then Rafa would be the new world number 1.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
SPOILER ALERT!

Break finally comes, with Federer moving to 9-8 in the fifth. Gutsy stuff as he's clearly not at the top of his game.

irfan

State Captain
SPOILER ALERT!

Break finally comes, with Federer moving to 9-8 in the fifth. Gutsy stuff as he's clearly not at the top of his game.
C'mon Rog - really want you to win the Grand Slam this year. What's Tipsarevic like? Must be gun to push the almighty this far?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tipsaveric was producing some stunning passing shots. Finally over, with Federer holding his serve to win the fifth, 10-8.

Simon

C'mon Rog - really want you to win the Grand Slam this year. What's Tipsarevic like? Must be gun to push the almighty this far?
hes pretty solid, has never had great results but i guess theres still time. He was a talented junior that just hasnt progressed as far as most people thought.

Simon

still a womens match before Hewitt and Baghdatis get on, I'd be surprised if they get on court before 10.30-11.00pm

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
As good as Federer is to watch, **** I wish he lost today. It's opens the draw up so much more without him, from there anyone could win it but now you still still can't see anyone but Federer.

Simon

As good as Federer is to watch, **** I wish he lost today. It's opens the draw up so much more without him, from there anyone could win it but now you still still can't see anyone but Federer.
youd think that was his "down match" or the day he was going to be caught off guard, I'd be even more surprised if he doesnt win the tournament now...