• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lol

ofcours i reakon Lleyton will win :D:D:D

after that i support Aggasi and roddick, federer will always be there to

GO LLEYTON

Waughney

International Debutant
I've been a Federer supporter for over 4 years and I'm sticking to my guns. Federer all the way.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i dont mind federer, but tennis is the type of sport where u just cant win all the time, recent weeks have suggested to me that federer is in a slump...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
i dont mind federer, but tennis is the type of sport where u just cant win all the time, recent weeks have suggested to me that federer is in a slump...
lol, i could cope with one of his form 'slumps'

Simon

dont u start, if massu wins the US open im ill give u $10 trillion,im more confident he wont win it than i was of our good mate from algeria in the olympics, i Massu so much, i refer you to the olympic tennis thread, after the 2nd round i called him the worst player in the top 50.....
i still hink hes crap, he doesnt deserve his gold medals im sorry....

Simon

i doubt hes in there, he qualified for the olympics due to being the highest ranked player from his country...

Simon

on closer examination hes ranked 330 in the world and the olympics was the first tournament hes ever played on the atp tour, a first round loss sent his ranking up 15 spots!
hes 20 years old and has career prize money totalling $23,944 US
hes done decently in the challenger tour though....

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
He didn't play 'that' bad in the game he was in...maybe in time he will be good enough for the ATP. If he does he will have one fan :lol:.

Simon

i did another quick search, and theres actually only 3 algerian professional tennis players, and hes ranked 800+ spots in front of the other two!

Simon

are there any other algerian sportsmen? i cant think of any, if he keeps going at this rate he could finish his career among the great algerian sportsmen of his era!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Both Zidane's parents were Algerians...they have a swimmer that is pretty good over the 50 and 100 free as well and boxing too..

Simon

melzer is rank, IMO left handers need big serves to be effective, he just hasnt got that and wll spend his life ranked in the mid thirties or fourties....

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
melzer is rank, IMO left handers need big serves to be effective, he just hasnt got that and wll spend his life ranked in the mid thirties or fourties....
people in the mid 30's have won major tournaments before!!!

and to say u need a big serve to be an effective left hander's crap... if i could put my mind to it i'd name you 3 but i'm at work so i don't have the time.