cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1413 of 1413 FirstFirst ... 413913131313631403141114121413
Results 21,181 to 21,189 of 21189
Like Tree1196Likes

Thread: *Official* Tennis Thread

murray played in the big 3 era (as in played with three players at their peak who can legitimately be ranked 1, 2 and 3 all-time) and managed 3 slams (plus numerous slam finals), 2 olympic golds, a whole host of other big titles and the no: 1 ranking. fred perry has more majors but i think murray has to be considered britain's greatest tennis player of all time...inarguably. somehow always felt he had more natural talent than a djokovic or a nadal and could have been a much more attacking, more stylish player but that he suppressed his natural instincts to play a more mechanical, defensive style to achieve better consistency/results.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    His forehand just wasn't good enough at any point to become an attacking player who looks to dictate points. 2nd serve was also a notable weakness, relatively. Both were at their best around 2012-13 when he was working with Lendl.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

vcs
    Weirdly, he seemed to get more power on it on the dead run when he was stretched to hit a running pass (like Sampras).

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    His forehand just wasn't good enough at any point to become an attacking player who looks to dictate points. 2nd serve was also a notable weakness, relatively. Both were at their best around 2012-13 when he was working with Lendl.
    sure, agreed that he had weaknesses but his dour style didn't really make up for those gaps either...at least not against the top players. whenever i think about murray, the 2012 wimbledon final against federer comes to mind first somehow. For a set and a half, he played beautiful, attacking tennis and outplayed federer who was actually playing very well himself but couldn't sustain it and lost in 4. the 3rd and 4th sets, he had totally switched back to his usual defensive tennis...i was pleased because i wanted federer to win but remember wondering why he couldn't always play like that...

vcs
    Federer's set point to win set 2 of that match is one of my favourite points of his, ever. Federer just kicked it to another gear after the roof and the rain break, IMO. The indoor conditions gave him a little bit of an advantage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Federer's set point to win set 2 of that match is one of my favourite points of his, ever. Federer just kicked it to another gear after the roof and the rain break, IMO. The indoor conditions gave him a little bit of an advantage as well.
    yes the rain break and the roof helped him regroup (and i think negatively impacted murray) but it was also a very different murray in the 3rd and 4th sets for whatever reason...

picks for the aussie open? for me, i can't see anyone stopping novak from winning his 7th here and 15th overall...federer is not playing nearly well enough, nadal will be too rusty and none of the youngsters have shown yet that they have it in them to break through and win one of the majors...

Im only a casual tennis fan but my god Tomic and Kyrgios really have to be among the biggest douchebag **** combos sport has seen. Just, ugh.

No wonder Lleyton is putting his faith elsewhere.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Request Your Custom Title Now! Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    picks for the aussie open? for me, i can't see anyone stopping novak from winning his 7th here and 15th overall...federer is not playing nearly well enough, nadal will be too rusty and none of the youngsters have shown yet that they have it in them to break through and win one of the majors...
    yup.

Women's a bit open but I fear another reign of terror by Serena is starting
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of ESAS, JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

The cruelty is the point.

Thread Information