cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1412 of 1413 FirstFirst ... 4129121312136214021410141114121413 LastLast
Results 21,166 to 21,180 of 21193
Like Tree1196Likes

Thread: *Official* Tennis Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Aw, Andreescu loses the final in three sets. Still an amazing run.
    vogue likes this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Ferrer retires with a leg injury - sad way to end his last Auckland Open. He's been a legend of this tournament, coming every year for a decade.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

International Vice-Captain the big bambino's Avatar
    Talk about local hopes in the Australian Open centre on Kyrgios and Tomic's carrying the hopes of a nation in their "horror opening rounds" against Raonic and Cilic respectively. Actually it is Raonic and Cilic who carry the "hopes of a nation" and soundly thrash that pair of arseholes.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Murray.

I thought he was a bit dour at first but he grew to be the most likable of the Big 4. Great career and hope he can have a healthy, pain free life after retirement. Good luck.
    OverratedSanity, _Ed_ and vogue like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Murray.

I thought he was a bit dour at first but he grew to be the most likable of the Big 4. Great career and hope he can have a healthy, pain free life after retirement. Good luck.
    Yeah, serious loss. Probably Britain's greatest tennis player and would have a good case of being their best sportsman full stop.

Hopefully his R1 clash isn't on MCA as it's the only venue I don't have tickets for on Day 1/2.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    That press conference was difficult to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Yeah, very sad to hear of Murray's injuries leading to him retiring. Been a terrific player. Hope he has a long and happy retirement.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I hope he doesn't drag things on till Wimbledon tbh. If things really are that bad he should just hit it on the head and wrap up after the AO. He doesn't owe anyone "one final Wimbledon", and it sounds like his injuries are not only career threatening but literally life-changing. Weighing up whether to have what is basically a hip replacement at 31 is not something anyone of that age should normally have to contemplate.
    vcs and vogue like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Waking up to Murray's tears was no fun. Really hope the sport finds some role for him even after any medical treatment he might need.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of ESAS, JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

The cruelty is the point.

Cricket Web Staff Member MW1304's Avatar
    Hexxagon Champion!
    Absolutely gutting. Bloody love the guy, a titan of a sportsman in this country for the last decade.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I hope he doesn't drag things on till Wimbledon tbh. If things really are that bad he should just hit it on the head and wrap up after the AO. He doesn't owe anyone "one final Wimbledon", and it sounds like his injuries are not only career threatening but literally life-changing. Weighing up whether to have what is basically a hip replacement at 31 is not something anyone of that age should normally have to contemplate.

This. I can understand him wanting to play Wimbledon as one final goodbye to the home fans, but pretty much everyone would rather he waved goodbye on court wearing a suit rather than limp out with an inevitable early defeat. I'm pretty surprised he's even bothering with Aus tbh. Just can it when you know its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Waking up to Murray's tears was no fun. Really hope the sport finds some role for him even after any medical treatment he might need.
    I reckon the LTA could make great use of him.with the Women's game. The Men's is looking pretty decent with Edmunds and Corrie, but beyond a flash in the pan from Konta the other year, there's no experience at the pressure end of tournaments within the set up. Having someone who's been there (and suffered the losses as well as the wins) could be a big help prepping the players - so many female players have looked like they could do it but just haven't stepped up (Watson the worst for not hitting her potential, Robson has barely hit a ball straight since her operations, Konta seems in freefall).
    Either way, I can see him making a cracking coach for someone down the line.
    Last edited by cpr; 11-01-2019 at 02:17 AM.
    Samuel_Vimes likes this.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Bit of a gutter this but realistically we all knew it was coming as he was clearly struggling last year when he returned and was nowhere his old level. Been a brilliant sportsman and ambassador for Britain. Feel for him he can't have a few years of fun playing doubles with his brother which I always expected him to do towards the end.

An absolute legend.

With regards to sledger's point, I can see the appeal for Murray of doing one last Wimbledon and going out on his terms. Even if that's a round one defeat to some no-hoper.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Oh yeah, if he feels up for it then by all means, I just hope he isn't cajoled into it etc.
    OverratedSanity likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    amusingly the odds on him to win Wimbledon crashed from 160/1 to 7/1

Thread Information