• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Federer should destroy Gonzo on Sunday, but I really hope it's close. If it is, we could see one of the most exciting matches in a long time.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
An old and well past his peak Agassi has challenged Federer before, such as in the 2004 and 2005 US Open. I do agree that Federer is currently better than Agassi has ever been at his peak, and will go down as the greater player, but an Agassi from 99-2003 was an all-time great player, and I think you're doing him a disservice by saying he'd wallop Agassi comprehensively.
never said agassi wasn't an all-time great....but both playing at their best, injury-free, federer will win 10 times out of 10 on hard courts and grass against agassi....agassi might challenge him, make him fight out points, but will not win....just like an agassi will not win on hard courts or grass against a sampras at his best....

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was like Haas got hit by a freight train last night, fairplay to Gonzalez though a very impressive performance. Tommy didnt really play that badly, just didnt get a chance to.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
total annihilation of sharapova - that was the first time ever that i actually wanted serena to win....she really played some scintillating tennis...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Serena Williams, what a bloody champion. Chalks up her 3rd Australian Open singles title, and this time unseeded.

Loving, absolutely loving my each-way bet on her after she annihilated Jankovic.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Serena Williams, what a bloody champion. Chalks up her 3rd Australian Open singles title, and this time unseeded.

Loving, absolutely loving my each-way bet on her after she annihilated Jankovic.
There were some seriously insane odds on her still on offer yesterday. You could get 85/40 on her over here (which my calcualtor tells me is roughly $2.12 in Aussie odds) on her to beat Sharapova. Kicking myself I didn't go in for more.

_Ed_

Amazing performance by Williams. That was against the world number 1!

Good to see the Bryan brothers win too, love watching them play.

Simon

I thought Sharapova would win, obviously Williams had a point to prove and that she did...

Simon

And he's got the break! Serving for the first set!
neither player is playing their best tennis atm either. I think Federer came in a bit tentative and hasnt hit the ball that cleanly, if Gonzalez can lift his game and get back to his form of the last three matches he can win here...