• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:( Hingis.... blew it by not taking advantage of the early break. Kudos to Clijsters though, are the mental demons of the past finally leaving her?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
roddick thinks the gap between him and federer has lessened in the past 6 months or so and he feels he is ready to take him on and possibly beat him....should be an interesting match....

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haas wins the first set 6-3.

Glad i followed Simon's enthusiasm and tipped him atm :cool:
Davydenko has won the next 2 sets.

Haas still in with a chance though i feel.

EDIT: Haas gets the 4th. Game wide open.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tommy you fair dinkum legend. This is the start of a big year for him, im so pumped hes made the semis and he has a real chance of even making the final, hes probably in the form of his life and hopefully a return to the top 5 is on the cards.

Gonzalez is playing a blinder here too, hes pretty much got Nadal on the ropes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
7 are so crap, they'll bloody show a mixed doubles match but God forbid they stay to the tennis, can't miss Today Tonight. 8-)

At least let Fox Sports show it then.

And wow @ Gonzalez murdering Nadal. That was amazing viewing. Beaten Blake and Nadal in straight sets now, impressive.

Simon

Gonzalez was brilliant against Nadal, i suggest the outcome of the semi will depend on how he plays. If he keeps up his form he will probably beat Haas but if Gonzalez shows any weaknesses or tightens up then Haas is in good enough form to capitalise...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Gonzalez was brilliant against Nadal, i suggest the outcome of the semi will depend on how he plays. If he keeps up his form he will probably beat Haas but if Gonzalez shows any weaknesses or tightens up then Haas is in good enough form to capitalise...
i think haas' experience will see him through....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Serena through in straight sets, does my each way bet on her to win the Aus Open a world of good, because I'm guaranteed a pay-out. Plus I had a nibble on her winning in straight sets (paying 3.50, Vaidisova was strong favourite just before the match started), so she's done me good.

Clijsters and Sharapova having an even contest at the minute. Serena will be hoping they go through a tough 3 set I'm guessing, especially since both of them have only dropped one set the whole tournament compared to Serena who has dropped 2 or 3 I believe.

Simon

i think haas' experience will see him through....
Gonzalez is due for a stinker, for all of Haas' talent and the problems he's had in his career it would be great for him to at least make one grand slam final.

Simon

Serena through in straight sets, does my each way bet on her to win the Aus Open a world of good, because I'm guaranteed a pay-out. Plus I had a nibble on her winning in straight sets (paying 3.50, Vaidisova was strong favourite just before the match started), so she's done me good.

Clijsters and Sharapova having an even contest at the minute. Serena will be hoping they go through a tough 3 set I'm guessing, especially since both of them have only dropped one set the whole tournament compared to Serena who has dropped 2 or 3 I believe.
Neither girl wants to hod serve here, pretty ordinary tennis so far, not to mention Sandy Roberts who has officially driven me crazy. I'd like to hear him "commentate" if he didnt have a stats sheet in front of him...

Simon

this match is a perfect example of why Mens tennis is far superior to womens tennis. All tourament in the mens we have seen great matches, awesome shots and generally enthralling tennis from guys like Gonzalez, Haas, Roddick, Murray, Nadal etc... and none of the women have really offered anything exciting, they have played crap tennis to get here and are continuing to play rubbish. Clijsters is a disgrace, absolutely woeful and Sharapova is not good enough to be world number 1, how pathetic...