• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Dunno if Katie Boulter will get on tonight. Putting the roof on is taking up some time.
Mrs has the tv . She’s just watched Black Adam and now it’s a film called Watcher about a woman thinking a serial killer lives over the road

im just on the tablet now

Niall

International Coach
Bencic is a tricky opponent for Swiatek…

She has such a soft draw no reason not to make the final , Bencic/ Aza or Svitolina and then Vond, pegula in a semi final?

None of those other girls would have even have grass as their preferred surface.

The other side in the ladies is brutal, Ryb has to go through Haddad, Jabeur or Kvitova and then possibly Saba to just reach the final.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
She has such a soft draw no reason not to make the final , Bencic/ Aza or Svitolina and then Vond, pegula in a semi final?

None of those other girls would have even have grass as their preferred surface.

The other side in the ladies is brutal, Ryb has to go through Haddad, Jabeur or Kvitova and then possibly Saba to just reach the final.
The point is grass is not her best surface either…so that levels out any advantage she may have on paper…

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Some of the best serving you'll ever see from Hurkacz. Then as soon as the point goes past one shot, he looks like an amateur.

Still losing the set after that you just have no hope.

Niall

International Coach
As I was saying…

And she will be playing an inspired Svitolina in the quarters…that will be another tough assignment…

Noted grass beast Svitolina. 🤔

Then Pegula or Vond' in a semi final? Terrifying!. Its not a cake walk but not the most daunting of assignments either.

Another limp exit from Kvitova at Wimbledon, a fine career but she really should have won more than 2 slams.

On the ladies side, on the tough non Iga side, Rybakina v Jabeur and Saba v erm Keys!

Niall

International Coach
Also Eubanks is the dude , hoping he can beat Med in the quarter final. Dimi in the second week of a slam also in 2023? Scenes.

Hurkacz was all over Novak for the 1st 2 sets, had a 6-3 lead in the tie break of set 1 and bottled it annoyingly.

For Novak, its Rubev, Sinner (who was 2-0 up on him last year) then a final against Med/Alcarez/Berr.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Douche-ovic will win...unless you are placing bets on positions or something, the men's side is boring...

on Iga's side of draw, my point is that she isn't a "grass beast" either...

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Douche-ovic will win...unless you are placing bets on positions or something, the men's side is boring...

on Iga's side of draw, my point is that she isn't a "grass beast" either...

I understand, I do think she should beat Svitolina/ Pegula or Vond without much issues though.

Berrettini takes the 1st set v Carlos, this should be a great match.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I understand, I do think she should beat Svitolina/ Pegula or Vond without much issues though.

Berrettini takes the 1st set v Carlos, this should be a great match.
Svitolina a set up against Swiatek…

edit: about to lose in 3 vs Elina...

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Kind draw for Iga but clearly has work to do on grass.

Wild run from Svitolina, Kenin, Aza and Swiatek all beaten to get to the semi final.

Vond a funky player though so a fun semi final.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Svitolina a set up against Swiatek…

edit: about to lose in 3 vs Elina...
I don't really follow this to any great extent, but her last couple of games suggest to me that you'll have to go a very long way to find a more appealing sportsperson than Elina Svitolina. Just seems a lovely person. Apparently the Wimbledon crowd absolutely adore her, which I can compltely understand.

As a side issue, the womens' game seems completely dominated by Eastern Europeans nowadays. I have no problem with that, but can anyone offer a view how that became a thing?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I want Svitolina to win now but don't think she has the firepower to get past either Sabalenka or Rybakina on grass...