• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
First qualifier to win a title.

First British female to win since the 70's.

Youngest winner since Sharapova in 2004.

Did it without dropping a set.

Bloody hell.
this is actually more impressive, she won 10 straight matches including 3 qualifiers just to get into the main draw...and of those 10 matches, she was taken to 7 games once in the qualifying stage, everything else was routine 6 - x wins! none of her 10 opponents was able to get her into a tie break!

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely brilliant that from Raducanu. What a star she is already. The way she had all opponents defending for their lives and forcing them back constantly was great to see from someone so young.

Would think there is a fair chance this pair will meet a few times in grand slam finals in the coming years providing they stay injury free.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
so d-bag to win the grand slam tomorrow, right? since people seem to think medvedev has a chance, i am predicting a straight sets win for d-bag...

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
so d-bag to win the grand slam tomorrow, right? since people seem to think medvedev has a chance, i am predicting a straight sets win for d-bag...
Yeah I reckon he'll win it. Shame he bombed the Olympics - was on for only the 2nd Golden Slam after Steffi Graf.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I very rarely watch tennis but I caught the backend of this one. Some feat.
Similar. Mrs wp insisted on watching 'Jerry Maguire' for what seems like the 100th time, so I didn't get to see much of the tennis. Naturally I was following the match on my phone and suggested that we might want to switch to C4 when she was serving for the match. She really is exceptionally impressive, isn't she. And very grounded, which must help with everything that will be coming her way.

Niall

International Coach
Dire from the US open crowd tonight, but a reminder if one was needed when it comes to slam fans they are the worst of all 4.