• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When someone is trying too hard to be a dick it’s time for them to find something else to do.

Quite happy with the Ladies semis, freshness with decent quality.
Not so sure about the Men’s. Federer the oldest quarter finalist ever. I’ve liked Berrettini since Queens and think he might sneak into the Final.

Niall

International Coach
Djokovic edges past Fucsovic .

Not Fucsvoic fault that Rublev can't do it in the slams but still a little grim how easy Novak has had it this Slam.

Niall

International Coach
A legend, but the days of Federer winning slams are sadly gone.

Happy Shapo is in the semi not Khach' as he is much more likely to challenge Novak than KK.

Berrettini in a semi final isn't a surprise when you look at his run, lets hope he doesn't flop in the semi ( I have money on him LOL) and he is much likely to beat Novak (assuming he beats Shapo) than HH.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
A legend, but the days of Federer winning slams are sadly gone.

Happy Shapo is in the semi not Khach' as he is much more likely to challenge Novak than KK.

Berrettini in a semi final isn't a surprise when you look at his run, lets hope he doesn't flop in the semi ( I have money on him LOL) and he is much likely to beat Novak (assuming he beats Shapo) than HH.
you never lose hope...like that about you... :D

Niall

International Coach
you never lose hope...like that about you... :D

Ha no, I don't hold out much hope for Shapo or Berrettini to beat Novak, but they are slightly more likely to trouble Novak than HH or especially KK.

(to lazy to spell their names correctly).

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I've been tipping Berrettini since seeing him on grass at Queens. I wouldn't expect him to beat Djoko, but it's not quite 100% impossible.

Niall

International Coach
Decent semi finals, might be some grumblings as Pliskova's game not the most diverse, but when you so many supposed female big hitters spray it out around so infuriatingly cool to see how precise she was .

Amusingly Saba served more aces.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Berrettini in the Final. Assuming Djoko wins his semi it's doubtful that Berrettini will win this year, but unlike some of the other pretenders he does genuinely look like a future champion.

Niall

International Coach
The 3-0 was cruel on Shapo, he hung with Novak but just fell apart at the end of each set.

He has a massive game, just needs to improve his composure at key moments and he will win plenty.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He had a 0-40 lead on Djokovic’s serve at 2-1 in the 2nd and ****ed it up by losing the next 5 points and the game…that’s a good example of the gap between the two…there is a chasm between getting close and closing it out against the top players and he hasn’t figured it out yet…

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Didn't Burgey used to rant about Barty and her lack of fitness, like Mourinho, he'll probably say these slams are down to him toughening her up.

Anyway, deserved winner, odd match, both seemed nervous really, some great rallies in the third set. barty has a lovely all-court game, plays quickly, very much a throwback.

Niall

International Coach
Not the highest quality match ever, but a good Champion. Also Annabel Croft looks like a witch.
harsh on Croft she is 55. but yeah agree with the rest.

Hopefully she keeps this up, last few years ladies tour dominated with ladies winning slams and then forgetting how to play tennis for months.

DOMINATION FTW.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
excellent result with the no: 1 player winning the biggest title in the game...well done barty!

Shady Slim

International Coach
excellent result with the no: 1 player winning the biggest title in the game...well done barty!
feel i'm getting subtweeted here

nah seriously though excellent result and i'm so happy for barty to get it done, as is the entire country!! can't wait to until the bigwigs rename m court arena to barty goolagong arena tbh, better for all parties