• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Krejčíková proving her class by beating Świątek in the doubles final too *shrug*

(yes there were two other players, both of whom are completely unreliable headcases)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
She's been at the top in doubles for years, but never breeched the top 30 in singles.
On the plus side to the cricket finishing early I now only need two TV's instead of three this afternoon.

Niall

International Coach
Krejčíková proving her class by beating Świątek in the doubles final too *shrug*

(yes there were two other players, both of whom are completely unreliable headcases)

Siniakova isn't a headcase is she?

Just a pretty limited journeywomen .

Mattek Sands is cringe personified if obviously harmless.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
well I have seen a few matches with her and yeah, she is prone to just burst into tears after a double fault.

Not that she has super great skills but she has some decent counterpunching.

Anyway sounds like a good start from Stefano

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A gruelling first set that could have gone either way. Whether Djokovic has the energy to come from two down here remains to be seen. He often appears to be on drugs.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Wimbledon is having capacity crowds for the Singles Finals. It might be interesting to see what happens if it’s raining and it becomes an indoor event.

DriveClub

International Regular
Only a matter of time before djokovich and nadal go past feds GS tally. Will he be remembered as a goat in another 10 years?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
As long as he stays healthy, Djokovic will be inarguably the GOAT by the end of next year at the latest. Also he will reach 20 slams at Wimbledon.

Niall

International Coach
so golden slam in 2021?
Bookies have him same price to win both events.

He's obviously the fav for Wimbledon.

Maybe a serving beast can catch him early on ? However most are in decline (Isner, Anderson, simple sam, )or have other issues Opelka, Kyrigos etc.

Zverev should have the game for grass so its interesting to see how he does, not sure Stefano will do much.

Niall

International Coach
what about the olympics? that's what i meant by the golden slam...

Ah sorry my bad

Probably not .

He's the best player in the world, but this isn't Novak of 10 years ago.

I dunno maybe wins 2 from Wimbly, US and Olympics?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Ah sorry my bad

Probably not .

He's the best player in the world, but this isn't Novak of 10 years ago.

I dunno maybe wins 2 from Wimbly, US and Olympics?
more like who is going to stop him at any of these events?