• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Naheed

School Boy/Girl Captain
So who wins the French? Djokovic or Nadal?
Nadal and Djokovic are amazing players who are indisputably among the
greatest of all time. We can't say exactly that who will win as both are
strong players and have set many records.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Djoko has equalled Feds record of 310 weeks at Number 1. Presumably he beats it next week and extends it for the next few weeks. Not sure what's going to happen with the clay court season. Normally Nadal is defending points at the French, but as it was in September last year he might be clocking up extra points assuming it goes ahead in May as planned.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't see anyone who can stop him from continuing as number 1 throughout the year and finishing a record 7th year at the top...

Niall

International Coach
So who wins the French? Djokovic or Nadal?

Thiem is easily one of the top 2 players on clay.

I know some will say "he lost to Diego in the quarters last year" but unlike Rafa he did not take the US Open and it cost him hugely. He was very tired when he played the French Open.

This time however , it will be different and it will be a level playing ground.

Only player who can hang with a 100% Thiem on Clay is Nadal.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The French Open has been postponed by a week. The second week will clash with the grass court season Wimbledon warm up tournaments and give the top players less rest and preparation between the Slams.

Niall

International Coach
To be fair Dimi is dire on clay.

Maybe Rublev might be a bigger issue for Rafa as he has had a really good few months.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Evans has now beaten Goffin as well. It’s a shame he’s wasted his career. I don’t think he would have been one of the elite, but he could have been a regular in the top 10.

Niall

International Coach
Nadal always throws in some WTF type losses before the french and then rocks up winning without breaking sweat.

I dunno maybe this year it may be different? Unlikely but heh stranger things have happened.

Tipsy v Rublev final it seems which will be cool.