• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

DriveClub

International Regular
Nowadays to go deep into slams you need to have supreme fitness which young guys don't have. Especially zverev who's play style is so physical

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
do folks on here agree with what mcenroe and navratilova did protesting the award to margaret court and asking that the court in her name be renamed to evonne goolagong arena?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Court seems to go out of her way to be unpleasant to LGBT people because of her religion, she can deal with the consequences that come with it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Pretty horrible semi-final there. Kenin winning not by having a particularly good serve or actually hitting any winners, but purely by virtue of not seizing up completely on every single important point in the game.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
That was one of the lowest quality of tennis I've seen from these 2 in a while. Looks like both carrying injuries
barty and kenin? i don't think they were injured, it looked like extreme nerves and the person who had less to lose and was slightly less nervous won...i think the extreme heat was also a factor in lowering the quality of the performances...they showed a heat stress level of 4.8 (and when that hits 5, they usually suspend play so it was very close to the outer limit there)

Last edited:

DriveClub

International Regular
barty and kenin? i don't think they were injured, it looked like extreme nerves and the person who had less to lose and was slightly less nervous won...i think the extreme heat was also a factor in lowering the quality of the performances...they showed a heat stress level of 4.8 (and when that hits 5, they usually suspend play so it was very close to the outer limit there)
No first set of djokovich and federer, so many unforced errors.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Djokovic was far from his best too, otherwise it would have been like the Australian Open 2016 (first two sets). He served really well though.

Federer's movement and power is just so far from what it used to be in his prime. Still a fantastic tennis player and easily top 5 in the world, shows how good he used to be in his prime.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To me, Federer will forever be the GOAT. They actually made the balls heavier and ensured the baseline game came back coz he was running away from the pack.