• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Another Final defeat for Serena. Bianca Andreescu is another unlikely Grand Slam Winner but kept her nerve having been pegged back from 6-3 5-1 to five all in the second set.

Niall

International Coach
Another Final defeat for Serena. Bianca Andreescu is another unlikely Grand Slam Winner but kept her nerve having been pegged back from 6-3 5-1 to five all in the second set.
16/1 or so before this ? Not a massive shock as her form has been awesome this year.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’m not talking about odds or form. There’s been a string of less than great Grand Slam winners in recent years. They’re all very good but lack real greatness. That’s not to say that it’s less enjoyable than the same two or three players winning everything.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I’m not talking about odds or form. There’s been a string of less than great Grand Slam winners in recent years. They’re all very good but lack real greatness. That’s not to say that it’s less enjoyable than the same two or three players winning everything.
Don't really see any standout reason to suggest players like Osaka and Andreescu won't be all time greats.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They've won multiple big tournaments at a young age, which is usually a pretty good indicator. Not to mention good all-round games.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Whatever. Anyway Nadal has lost the third set and I'm very tired so off to bed at quarter past midnight. I would probably leave it on if it were on TV (only a live feed via Amazon Prime in the UK and I don't have it), but tennis on the radio has never been my thing.

DriveClub

International Regular
Nadal won at last but Medvedev what a champ! He's a star in the making, hope he stays injury free and doesn't get ruined by injuries like del potro. Injury is always a cloud hanging over tall players

srbhkshk

International Captain
Heh, Fed finally gets a win over Djok and gives Nadal the YE #1. Funny how their matches affect all of them now (legacy-wise).