• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Decent pedigree has Kooyong.

Winners

2000 Andre Agassi
2001 Andre Agassi
2002 Pete Sampras
2003 Andre Agassi
2004 David Nalbandian
2005 Roger Federer
2006 Andy Roddick

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
MARATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Nalbandian and Safin are two of my favourites to watch along with Federer. I put money on the Saf knowing that Nalbandian's knee (pretty sure its the knee broncoman isn't it?) isn't 100% right.

Plus Marat loves playing in Aus.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Decent pedigree has Kooyong.

Winners

2000 Andre Agassi
2001 Andre Agassi
2002 Pete Sampras
2003 Andre Agassi
2004 David Nalbandian
2005 Roger Federer
2006 Andy Roddick
Let's not forget Michael Chang in the 90s.

It used to be his tournament :cool:

Chang appearing on Sesame Street is one of the greatest moments in tennis history.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
MARATTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Nalbandian and Safin are two of my favourites to watch along with Federer. I put money on the Saf knowing that Nalbandian's knee (pretty sure its the knee broncoman isn't it?) isn't 100% right.

Plus Marat loves playing in Aus.
could be knee, its all part of the leg tbh...

Simon

Is it a ranking event or an Invitational exhibition thing?
basically 8 players are invited to the event, its not for ranking points or anything but its popular with the top players cause it guarantees them 2-3 top class matches in the week before the open.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Thought as much - I seemed to remember reading that last week was Murray's last competitive game before the Open.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ Haas talking to himself in German, the cameras trying to pick it up, then he swears in English.

"Bring the ball back into f'n play"

Bruce McAvaney: I'm not going there!

Simon

Haas played much better today, id like to think with a good draw at the open a run to the semis isnt out of the question...

The draw tomorrow will be big for a lot of players, if Nalbandian and Nadal are on the same side i can see that being the part where someone like Haas, Gonzlaez, Berdych could come from. I think the key for these guys would be avoiding Federer and Roddick in particular in the 4th round of QF.

Simon

Wow I didn't know the Kooyong classic doesn't go on the ATP record for the players.
well its not an official atp event so it shouldnt. im pretty sure events like the Hopman cup dont count either. The only non ATP event matches that would count in the players records would be Davis Cup and the World Team Cup which is in Germany each year...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was wondering why I couldn't get live scores of the tournament on the ATP website live scoring, makes sense now.

Federer already up a break over the Russian beast.

Simon

i dont think the tournament even rates a mention on the official atp website, which is a bit strange because its pretty important in terms of a build up to the open.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mario Ancic just got knocked out in the 2nd round in Auckland by Mardy Fish.
Yeah that was bloody annoying. Cost me a multi-bet which was looking as good as in my pocket. That was the one I was a little worried about, but I figured Ancic would get through. To go out in straight sets too is disappointing.

Anyway Marat up a break over Federer in the 2nd set. Feds won the first set 6-3.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Federer ends up taking the 2nd set in a tie-break and wins the match. Safin gave Federer too many free points through unforced errors, but he still played high quality tennis, Federer just is better. Good game, good warm up for both heading into the Aus Open.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jelena Jankovic is awesome! She's come from nowhere in the last few months on the WTA tour, and now just beat Nicole Vaidisova in 3 awesome sets. She was injured and struggling, but came on to win.

I've got on her for the Aus Open each way. She's paying $13 to win which is very generous.