• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
yeah he has a real chance at the french...
He's been third in the betting favs market behind Novak and Nadal. He should go very close indeed.

Bertens having a great year, would love her to do well at the french, but still unsure about her at slams and added pressure with all the expectations now.

Niall

International Coach
What a match between Nadal and Tipsy:clapping:

Famous last words, but French for the men seems moderately open. Nadal, Novak, Tipsy, Thiem all serious contenders.

Unsure about Federer, but won't rule him out yet, Rome will tell us more.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even with a slightly diminished level on clay, Nadal will be incredibly hard to beat at Roland Garros, over 5 sets and on his favourite clay court.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
sure agreed but novak at his best has beaten nadal at roland garros, that too in straight sets...

vcs

Nadal had a pretty poor 2015 IIRC. Still yeah, great effort to beat him easily at RG. And then Stan stopped Novak in the fnal...

If they were to meet in the final this year, which I think is quite probable, I'd probably just about make Nadal favourite, but things can still change.

Niall

International Coach
He's an absolute joke.
No no no.

Remember what his fans constantly tell us "he's a character " etc. :ph34r:

What he did wasn't exactly awful, but just so many incidents with him sadly.

I know the game needs new stars, but this knob who rarely achieves anything in Slams is not going to draw a dime acting like this.

Last edited:

vcs

Nadal is always the favourite at RG unless proven otherwise. Always.

He could turn up on roller skates at the age of 80 and that would still be true at the French Open.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Federer has a hope in hell at the French Open, Even if the big two got struck by lightning I still don't think he would win it.

vcs

Didn't know this was starting today, always nice to watch Federer. :thumbup1:

Liking his outfit here.