• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're judging him on his old standards, he's no longer that player. Hasn't been for a year now.

vcs

Excellent mover, good serve as well. With a bit of work on his return of serve, maybe he can start contending for the big titles...

Nah, who am I kidding, Nadal/Djokovic will probably sweep everything for the next five years.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent mover, good serve as well. With a bit of work on his return of serve, maybe he can start contending for the big titles...

Nah, who am I kidding, Nadal/Djokovic will probably sweep everything for the next five years.
Nadal must be past his prime surely

vcs

Actually, you're right, forehand has been awful for Federer. So many wasted chances to kill off important points. Got away with it in the first set.

vcs

Nadal must be past his prime surely
I've been waiting for that to happen for the last 7 years or so, and have come to accept that that's probably never going to happen.

The guy must be made of granite to last that long while playing that style of tennis.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've been waiting for that to happen for the last 7 years or so, and have come to accept that that's probably never going to happen.

The guy must be made of granite to last that long while playing that style of tennis.
I was surprised to find he's only 32. **** me I just assumed he was nearly Feds age coz hes won 11 times at Roland Garros

He's gonna make the record for most titles at an individual Grand Slam out of reach for the rest of time

morgieb

I was surprised to find he's only 32. **** me I just assumed he was nearly Feds age coz hes won 11 times at Roland Garros

He's gonna make the record for most titles at an individual Grand Slam out of reach for the rest of time
He won RG when he was 19 (or just about to turn 19), it's a case of him starting really young.

The 3 are all just freaks. Can easily see them continue to dominate for another three years even though some of the young guns (Zverev, Tsitipas, Shapovalov, possibly De Minaur) look really good.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
damn! well...not entirely unexpected...but just makes the path easier for novak and rafa to fight it out in the final...rafa has a chance to be the first male player to win all the slams at least 2 times...and novak will get the same chance at roland garros...

vcs

Alex Zverev doing the most Alex Zverev thing ever by failing to make yet another GS quarterfinal. Thrashed by Raonic.