• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Stumped

Banned
he still hasnt won a title in a long time, im starting to think that hes almost been worked out, hes quite one dimentional and if opposition players shut down his strengths they have a very good chance of beating him, unlike Federer he doesnt really have a plan B and has been winning off his basic game plan for 18 months...
u seem very interested in tennis do u play?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
please dont ever speak about my woman like that again
Mauresmo did enough to win, her first 2 sets were pretty average but stepped up in the 3rd when she had to. Cljisters is doing it pretty easy against Pratt too, they should probably meet in the final here...

Stumped

Banned
nadal pulls out!!.....chris guccione was looking good, if he continues he is gonna be a great player and by the way i think pratt should retire

Simon

nadal pulls out!!.....chris guccione was looking good, if he continues he is gonna be a great player and by the way i think pratt should retire
Guccione will be decent if he develops more than a serve! he has ok groundstrokes but not heavy enough to trouble good players.

Pratt has never been anything more than mediocre, retirement should have been on her mind years ago...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why is Clijsters leaving the WTA tour at the end of the year? Has she actually given a reason? FFS retiring at 23, and its not like she's dominated the sport or anything like Ian Thorpe.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is Clijsters leaving the WTA tour at the end of the year? Has she actually given a reason? FFS retiring at 23, and its not like she's dominated the sport or anything like Ian Thorpe.
I had a theory, but i think it's probably too harsh to mention. :happy:

Simon

the main reason is her injuries, as she said shes been a professional for 10 years already and shes had quite a few injuries and she doesnt want them to effect her for the rest of her life. I actually think shes made a good decision, her age aside, she's been a a professional for a long time and has achieved quite a lot i can definitley see her point of view...

Simon

Kooyong Classic starts today as well, first match at 11am is a repeat of last years final Haas vs Roddick. Will be interesting to see how they both go given its their first match in months. Tommy traditionally starts off his campaign in Australia pretty well and I think he may sneak this one.

Other matches today are Ljubicic vs Murray, Federer vs Stepanek and Safin vs Nalbandian. Safin is apparently 100% fit and in good shape, if thats the case i think he'll win, Nalbandian has a bit of an ankle problem and I reckon it may effect him...

Stumped

Banned
u dont have to dominate at a sport to retire at an early age

Simon

Roddick very impressive today, Haas not so. He never really got in the match and the signs were bad right from the start. He could be a danger of going out of the Aus open early unless he gets a favourable draw...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kooyong Classic starts today as well, first match at 11am is a repeat of last years final Haas vs Roddick. Will be interesting to see how they both go given its their first match in months. Tommy traditionally starts off his campaign in Australia pretty well and I think he may sneak this one.

Other matches today are Ljubicic vs Murray, Federer vs Stepanek and Safin vs Nalbandian. Safin is apparently 100% fit and in good shape, if thats the case i think he'll win, Nalbandian has a bit of an ankle problem and I reckon it may effect him...
Wow, amazingly strong first round matches.