• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Perm said:
The guy has an awesome name. Juan Carlos Ferrero, it's just awesome.
Haha yeah that was one of the main reasons I took a liking to him in the first place. Then I saw he was a gun tennis player and he became one of my favourites.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
I love that Tiger Woods and Federer are friends. Its just awesome, the talent of those two men is amazing.

Bronco, what do you think happened to Juan Carlos Ferrero? He is not even close to the tennis player he was in 2003/2004.

With Safin, you know its all mental and he could be back next year and challenge Federer again (who can forget his classic win over Federer in the Aus Open semis in 2005), but Ferrero looks like he's never coming back to the top 20 :ph34r:
Ferrero got sick and injured after he won the French Open, people forget that his dominance on clay 3 or 4 years ago was pretty much what Nadal is now, Ferrero also made the final of the US open so he definitley had the ability to be an all court player. Like many players though he didnt come back the same player after his illness. He had a pretty reasonable year this year (top 20) but potentially hes a top 5 easily.

Its really disapointing that so many awesome players just dont play that well because of injury or maybe a lack of passion. Its because theres too much tennis i think, its hurt the game. All these really good players are ranked below 20 and solid players like Robredo, Ljubicic, Davydenko, Gonzalez etc... are ranked a lot higher than they should be...

Dydl

International Debutant
Hopman Cup just finished with Russia beating Spain in the final. I was disappointed, I quite like Anabel Medina Garrigues (not mentioning her singing of Happy Birthday in the semi-final against India) so I'll now probably go off and have an up-to-date ranking of her in my signature.

If I missed an obvious Hopman Cup thread I'm sorry.

There was some good competition throughout the tournament, but the Australian Open is coming up soon, so I can watch that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was glad India did well in the tournament.

I was really surprised Tursunov beat Robredo, but at the same time you have to expect anything from the man.

Tursunov and Safin are so cool, two Russians who are the most unpredictable players in the world.

Btw, why does Tursunov have an American accent?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Simon - going to get that Tennis comp up and running again?
I don't think Simon has been online for a few weeks. The tournament doesn't start until the 15th, so if Simon doesn't get anything up and running I'll get something going about 1/2 a week out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fantasy tennis comp didn't have enough participating I reckon, but that was a good idea, and I'd take part again.

Tipping comps are always on I presume? :p

Simon

The fantasy one. I missed it due to only being remotely active towards the end of 2005 but it looked good.
ok, i can probably get it up and running today, hopefully theres a bit more interest throughout the year in it this time though...

Simon

nadals got medibank wrapped
he still hasnt won a title in a long time, im starting to think that hes almost been worked out, hes quite one dimentional and if opposition players shut down his strengths they have a very good chance of beating him, unlike Federer he doesnt really have a plan B and has been winning off his basic game plan for 18 months...