• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Watching a quite interesting game between Fognini and Edmund.. close seeding at 16 and 18. One set all and now 2-3 to Edmund In the third. Medical time out atm with Fognini. Has to be said Fabio is sporting some nice facial topiary...:cool:

Niall

International Coach
Friend asked me for a betting tip today, told them to back Kontaveit who is in great form and Petra a clay mug. He did.:cool:

I had exactly $0.00 on it, I am a moron. :wacko:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feels as if Nadal has been steamrolling Gasquet for the past 15 years now.

I remember when they were both up and coming stars in 2005.

vcs

50 points played between Djokovic and Verdasco for a grand total of 3 games.

Niall

International Coach
Twitter in a nutshell, numerous hot takes mainly the below....

"you think Serena pulled out because she is scared of Maria, you crazy, look at there head to heads etc"

Have not actually seen anyone suggest she was scared of Maria ffs, but got to get those re tweets:laugh:

vcs

Epic 4th set tiebreak there from Cecchinato to beat Djokovic, who is gracious in defeat as always. Brilliant stuff.

With Thiem making it as well, will be nice to see two single-handed backhands in the SFs. Really impressive from Cecchinato, Djokovic didn't play badly at all.

Niall

International Coach
so will it be thiem vs cecchinato and nadal vs it doesn't matter who in the semis?
Yep.

Will be hilarious/horrible if its Nadal v Cecch in the final, but Nadal v Thiem is the best neutrals can hope for as Thiem is the second best player on this surface.

Del Potro has the game to trouble Rafa in the semi final if he makes it, but obviously would need to be in God mode and Rafa to under perform which is unlikely.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
You know it's bad when the words "channelling Bernard Tomic" are used to describe your attitude.