• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also Shapovalov failed to close out Tsonga. These kids really need to start actually beating the oldies at some point (not Federer, though :D).

morgieb

Also Shapovalov failed to close out Tsonga. These kids really need to start actually beating the oldies at some point (not Federer, though :D).
Well tbf he beat Tsonga at the US Open. Just got tight at the wrong time here, he generally played the better tennis.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
monfils is at best a tease and those types rarely work against a rock-solid player like djokovic...

vcs

He plays defensive tennis. You can't out-defense Nadal and Djokovic and beat them that way.

Anyway, good to see that Novak's comeback seems to be back on track. Hope guys like Zverev, Dimitrov also show up consistently at the end of major tournaments this year.

Burgey

I’m a patriotic as the next bloke but I hope to see a lot more of this Giorgi girl. Complete glamour.

vcs

Well done Dimitrov. Seems to be a very gracious guy as well, consoling Kyrgios at the net there.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
he sure has a lot of talent but until/unless he actually wins one of these things, i am going to remain skeptical...same with kyrgios...will/persistence/self-belief is what separates the talented, flashy players from champions, those two haven't shown that they have it in them yet...but yes great job so far from dimitrov...

vcs

Not convinced he will get past Edmund.. even if he does so, he doesn't seem to be playing well enough to challenge Nadal.

I wasn't impressed too much by his play today, but more his mental strength which is something he's lacked in the past. So maybe it's a good sign that he's finding a way to win without looking all that impressive.

vcs

Berdych's blazed through his section of the draw.

He's struggled to beat the top-4 at the latter stages of Grand Slams over the years, but you've got to admire his consistency in getting there most of the time.

vcs

I think Berdych will fancy his chances against Federer this time around. Federer's had a pretty comfortable draw so far, doesn't get much easier than playing Fucsovics in R4.

vcs

Then again, Federer did put in his best performance of the year last year against Berdych in R3 when he was a bit of an unknown quantity coming back after that long break.

I'm just talking to myself in this thread, really.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kyrgios is going to be such a monster player in a few years if he just manages to keep his head on.

Edmund has had the easiest draw of the quarter finalists by far. Dimitrov should take him down easily.

Dunno about Federer vs Berdych. Haven't seen a single one of Berdych's games this year.