• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done del Potro, huge effort to come back from his illness in the way he has. Fed's looked poor all tournament, and I reckon even if he'd found some way to win here that Nadal would've crushed him in the semi. Nadal v del Potro looks a much more exciting prospect, just hope the big man can continue to recover and be at his very best later in the week.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it will be a bit depressing if Nadal crushes him. Especially looking at the state of the other half. Looks like a virtual final.

Niall

International Coach
That miss at 30-30 in the last game summed up Federer's performance today, a stinker. Nadal will target Del Potro's backhand more than Federer and is bound to be fresher and should be huge favourite, but this is Nadal's first real test this week.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah, it will be a bit depressing if Nadal crushes him. Especially looking at the state of the other half. Looks like a virtual final.
Nadal v PCB....

Best of luck trying to hype that one.

An other thing US Open crowd were poor towards the end, fine preferring Roger, but no need to be obnoxious.

OverratedSanity

So happy for delpo! His backhand actually looked decent at times, so hopefully it won't be a massive liability against Nadal.

OverratedSanity

Nadal v PCB....

Best of luck trying to hype that one.

An other thing US Open crowd were poor towards the end, fine preferring Roger, but no need to be obnoxious.
They were poor all throughout the match. Partisan crowds can be great but cheering and clapping on first serve faults is pathetic.

Niall

International Coach
They were poor all throughout the match. Partisan crowds can be great but cheering and clapping on first serve faults is pathetic.
Dunno if you recall them v Cilic back in 2014, were absolutely rotten, still stunned that such a choker brushed it off so easily and smashed Roger 3-0.:laugh:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I still thought Fed might have been playing well enough to squeeze past Delpo, and he might have if he'd nicked one of those third set points. Not sure the same would have been true the way Rafa is playing. Probably better that they don't meet. I'm tipping Anderson to reach the Final, but not really based on anything or with confidence. I expect Rafa to reach the Final but wouldn't be totally surprised if he didn't.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
ah well, 16th major for rafa for sure...on the women's side, other than hoping coco doesn't get it, don't really care who wins...

Last edited:

_Ed_

Absolutely. But I just hope it's a better contest than that second semi-final was.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
There's been a lot of expectation on Keys and Stephens in America since their teens. I like them both and really hope they produce a great final.