• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Muller is not capitalizing on his return opportunities.. had so many compared to Nadal. Only in one service game did Muller struggle.

vcs

Think Cilic is the clear favourite to make the final from that half now. He's been blazing through his draw and I haven't been impressed by what I've seen of Murray so far.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Murray is walking like a Weeble. I see the Ladies were unhappy with scheduling again and I agree. They need to split the 4th Round. Having the French champion against the 4th seed on an outside court is ridiculous. Kerber v Muga outside as well.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Average age for the mens quarters will be over 30, 10 years ago it was under 23.

Women's average age 27, 10 years ago 22. Times they are a changing.

Niall

International Coach
Murray is walking like a Weeble. I see the Ladies were unhappy with scheduling again and I agree. They need to split the 4th Round. Having the French champion against the 4th seed on an outside court is ridiculous. Kerber v Muga outside as well.
Yeah Manny v Djokovic on a main court instead of Kerber is a little silly.

Surely they could do 4 games on the 2 main courts on Monday with a Midday start would be the fairest for everyone? The girls have been shafted somewhat over the years, pretty sure Serena was on court number 2 a few years ago at this stage:-O

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Manny v Djokovic on a main court instead of Kerber is a little silly.

Surely they could do 4 games on the 2 main courts on Monday with a Midday start would be the fairest for everyone? The girls have been shafted somewhat over the years, pretty sure Serena was on court number 2 a few years ago at this stage:-O
:-O don't you value "tradition" at all?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Average age for the mens quarters will be over 30, 10 years ago it was under 23.

Women's average age 27, 10 years ago 22. Times they are a changing.
It just seems odd to me how newer players haven't emerged for top rankings in tennis for a while now. Sampras emerged quite young as did Referee and Nadal. Where is the next big champion, I wonder.

vcs

He served as big as Muller in terms of service speeds and nearly as many aces.

What lost him the match was his rather conservative return position in the 5th set and inability to get into Muller's service games apart from that one game where he had 4 BPs. Got unlucky with the bad call and overrule on the 2nd serve, and Muller then promptly served an ace.

Was extremely impressed with Muller's ground game, volleying and composure in the 5th. Looked better and better in the long rallies as the match progressed, counter-intuitively.