• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a time (around 2009-10) when I rated Gulbis as the most talented upcoming ATP youngster and potentially, the new Safin. He never really amounted to much. Fully expect him to lose to some random guy in the next round after beating DelPo.

EDIT: Oh, I see he has Djoko up next.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
There was a time (around 2009-10) when I rated Gulbis as the most talented upcoming ATP youngster and potentially, the new Safin. He never really amounted to much. Fully expect him to lose to some random guy in the next round after beating DelPo.

Same here, but never had the hunger did he due to his Dad's insane wealth.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
God knows why the BBC allow McEnroe to host a radio phone-in every year.
Could be worse, could be Cash. Their choice of pundit, not ideal IMHO.

It's really going down the click-baity controversy route that, well, all media is doing. Like Vaughan and Warne on cricket, just talk about the ****ing game not your bloody "hot takes".

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Could be worse, could be Cash. Their choice of pundit, not ideal IMHO.

It's really going down the click-baity controversy route that, well, all media is doing. Like Vaughan and Warne on cricket, just talk about the ****ing game not your bloody "hot takes".
I'd prefer Cash. McEnroe rubbishes the questions and doesn't answer anything and is rude to the callers. It's almost like he's trying to recreate Danny Baker from 6-0-6 in 1991.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Nice to see Heather Watson go one set up. Be good to see her go through to the next round.

vcs

I like Watson but Azarenka doing well after having her kid would be a nice story as well.

vogue

I like Watson but Azarenka doing well after having her kid would be a nice story as well.
Evened out some at one set all and 4-4 final set..

Azarenka takes it. Good game. :)

Last edited:

grecian

Heather loves a brave but pointless loss eh
It really is the story of her career. Vika was there for the taking, reckon Halep will murder her, but my predictions not great this tournament. Gotta say I'm niased for WTA, but I think so far it has to be said the womens games have been a lot better so far, but obviously will possibly change in the 2nd week as the big mens name play, with a lot of the bigger women out,

vogue

Have watched a lot more women's tennis this week, been quite entertaining this year.

Konta through to the fourth round and playing really well.

In other news...Mr Inverdale... sigh :no::no:

grecian

Haha, I assume Inverdale is the patronising bloke who was commentating Konta's game?
He's a ***ist nightmare, his Bartoli comments the highlight of his career, but belongs in the retirement home. I don't know what he said this time as I don't listen, but I just assume it's always awful.

vcs

Khachanov was pretty disappointing, though he played better in the 3rd set. Nadal does look great.