• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So is anybody bothered with this?

Currently watching the womens triathlon.

Will pass the next week and a half I guess.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The only thing I've heard about it so far is that people were annoyed that Franz Ferdinand did not play at the opening ceremony.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
straya gunna take england to the cleaners now they dont have that team great britain gimmick to fall back on

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll watch some of it, but I mean watching Australia play The Smurfs in a game of field hockey isn't exactly compelling television. Nor are swimming heats. I'll pretty much like watching any event when a Gold Medal is on offer. This triathlon has been good, I actually hope the Kiwi gets a medal since she's fought back to the lead group.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Wow, changed quickly. My stream on comp froze as I had cycling on tv. Refreshed and the Aussie was miles back.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I always enjoy the Commonwealth Games. Fantastic that in Malaysia they have 4 channels dedicated to it. Amazing really as they have ambitions to win only 7 medals.

flibbertyjibber

Can't believe Scotland won 10 medals yesterday. Aim for the whole Games was 33 I think, either they will smash that or they packed the schedule to get off to a great start.

Aussies should top the medals table as they will do well in swimming which has a ridiculous amount of medals available. Guess England will do well in gymnastics though and have done well in judo so far, already guaranteed a gold in that today with both finalists later.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Watching the triathlon relay at the moment. Really want to care, but all I can think is "it's not the Olympics".

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Aw man. Air pistol shooting now. Whoopee.

Edit: Actually, tbf, this is no worse than watching darts.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Would love to see football in the Commonwealth Games. Not like the Commonwealth is short of footballing nations; Australia, Cameroon, Nigeria & us all made the last WC and NZ, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, RSA and even yer Sweaties have made it relatively recently.

Could make it U23 a la the Olympics.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Would love to see football in the Commonwealth Games. Not like the Commonwealth is short of footballing nations; Australia, Cameroon, Nigeria & us all made the last WC and NZ, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, RSA and even yer Sweaties have made it relatively recently.

Could make it U23 a la the Olympics.
Nah, it's bad enough that football's in the Olympics.

Cricket not being there's a strange one. Some great wee grounds in and around Glasgow as well. Would have been great fun with our Asian population as well.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Great win for the Saffers over NZ in the 7's. First time NZ have lost any match at Comm Games.

Kinda agree with the "It's not the Olympics" sentiment, but hey, it's sport.