• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:laugh: Moreno's air-kick.

Liverpool still look pretty decent. I like how they get players between the lines then fire sharp passes into their feet. United just never do that.

Not created much at all though considering the good positions they've got into, and the defending on the goal was pretty shocking. Basically last year's side minus Suarez's pure quality up front.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
:laugh: Moreno's air-kick.

Liverpool still look pretty decent. I like how they get players between the lines then fire sharp passes into their feet. United just never do that.

Not created much at all though considering the good positions they've got into, and the defending on the goal was pretty shocking. Basically last year's side minus Suarez's pure quality up front.
Yeah could still see them mullering the poorer sides but in these games where the chances are tight he's a big miss for them

they look a much better side than they did this time last year when Suarez was suspended

Uppercut

Yeah could still see them mullering the poorer sides but in these games where the chances are tight he's a big miss for them

they look a much better side than they did this time last year when Suarez was suspended
Well kind of. Their defence was rock-solid this time last year, think they won their first four games 1-0. But the defence looked really dodgy against Southampton and they've let in a soft one again tonight.

It'd be a shame but I think they might need to tighten up their game a bit without Suarez, like they did this time last year.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well kind of. Their defence was rock-solid this time last year, think they won their first four games 1-0. But the defence looked really dodgy against Southampton and they've let in a soft one again tonight.

It'd be a shame but I think they might need to tighten up their game a bit without Suarez, like they did this time last year.
Yeah fair. Kind of remember them being efficient and dull early on last year. So better to watch, anyway :p

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Is this some kind of curse? How many times will we concede because of stupid individual errors?

Uppercut

It also wasn't just an individual error because as Neville pointed out at half time, three different players were at fault for the goal.

That second goal was a really well worked one.
Yeah but again Moreno ballsed up horribly. Let two runners into the same space in behind him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
City played a blinder really. Let Liverpool see a decent amount of the ball in their half but is few clearcut chances

hard to know what to make of this but Liverpool are gonna get ****ed over in the CL IMO

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah he was great there. Sort of shuttled between CM and LM.

The current formation suits Rooney, RVP and Mata perfectly at the expense of the rest of the team. So if it keeps comprehensively failing to produce anything going forward, those guys will just have to make way.
Guess the CM to LM thing worked well with Ronaldo as he's basically a wide striker not a wide man. Could do similar with Rooney potentially?

Uppercut

Guess the CM to LM thing worked well with Ronaldo as he's basically a wide striker not a wide man. Could do similar with Rooney potentially?
Yeah that's not the worst solution. I still don't love it though.

I think the penny that needs to drop for United is that Rooney and RVP can't play in the same team. It's been two years and they've only ever been a very poor partnership. Once you get that out of the way, we have a lot of options tactically. Could go with a Di Maria-RVP-Januzaj front three, with Mata behind. Or you could have Di Maria as one of the front three in our 3-4-1-2, with Mata and Rooney. Or you could just pick Welbeck, who's great at playing the foil role to his strike partner. But as long as both our main strikers are considered undroppable, we don't really have any tactical options that work.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah that's not the worst solution. I still don't love it though.

I think the penny that needs to drop for United is that Rooney and RVP can't play in the same team. It's been two years and they've only ever been a very poor partnership. Once you get that out of the way, we have a lot of options tactically. Could go with a Di Maria-RVP-Januzaj front three, with Mata behind. Or you could have Di Maria as one of the front three in our 3-4-1-2, with Mata and Rooney. But as long as both strikers are undroppable, we don't really have any tactical options that work.
Were t they good together when you last won the title?

Uppercut

Were t they good together when you last won the title?
Not really, no. Ferguson was leaving Rooney out a lot by the end of that season. I think the stat is there's only been one assist between them in two years together.

By last season they were going through entire games and completing only one or two passes to each other. They both come towards the play, no one runs in behind, and it all becomes very congested.