• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rakatic and Fabregas are perfect examples of why Adam Lallana shouldn't be moving anywhere.
It's a good point but there aren't many players of Rakitic's quality you could get for 15m. I think it shows how being the team that everyone wants to play for ends up saving you a lot of money.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I could give other examples. My point is more that I think it's a bit dumb to be close to forking out almost 30m for a player just because he's English and plays in the Premier League.

flibbertyjibber

Shrewsbury have signed their 7th player of the summer today. James Wesolowski from Oldham. Might not go down very well in some parts on here.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite highly rated isn't he?

If he is anything like as good as the owski that we got from Oldham then you have a very good buy.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I could give other examples. My point is more that I think it's a bit dumb to be close to forking out almost 30m for a player just because he's English and plays in the Premier League.
Yep these are roughly my feelings about Shaw as well. Sure he is promising but there are other young left backs throughout Europe who are just as promising available for far less.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Anyone think there's anything in these Balotelli to Arsenal rumours that seem to be going around?

I can't think of a more un-Wenger-like move tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He ran onto the pitch to tackle Olly Murs apparently. Puts him up a few notches in my estimation.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
So Colback has gone from Sunderland to Newcastle, after spending his entire football career there. Apparently he's always been a Newcastle fan. Some funny Tweets:

Michael Keshani @RoamingLibero
Sounds like Sunderland kept trying to ring him to renegotiate, but he just wouldn't Colback.

Elliott Nicholls @ENicholls_
Congrats to Jack Colback whom has just increased his chances of getting stabbed by 500,000x. #NUFC #SAFC

Danny Hackett @DanielHackett97
Jack Colback is a ginger, bottling ginger **** who I have no respect for and is dead to me. Judas ****. #safc

General Burkinshaw @TsideSpurs
The state of north east football. The regions two biggest clubs mugging each other off over Jack ****ing Colback

flibbertyjibber

Hairyfud expelled from Skrill Prem.

Hate the carrot crunching hurdle bunters with a passion but wouldn't wish that on any club.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The BBC seem to be reporting this as a case of "they have nobody to blame but themselves". Is this fair enough? I've not really followed the whole thing.

flibbertyjibber

Yeah, they been like a fly on fly paper for ages, wriggling but doomed.

Doesn't help when they get gates of around 1500 and need nearly double that just to break even. Something has to give eventually, surprised it hasn't happened to more clubs.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fabregas to Chelsea is a real thing then.

I am not an Arsenal and I find that disgusting in so many ways. It is such a good move for Chelsea as well.