• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
June now and frankly last season didn't deserve a thread

Predictions

Jason Koumas FC, I mean Tranmere, to win League 2
Celtic for the SPL
Tottenham to finish 6th

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prediction

Numerous overpriced foreigners will sign for premier league clubs after having a good world cup and flop.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is too early.

I check the bbc website every half an hour to see if we are listed as being in the Championship yet. Can't wait for fixtures, so many good away days to look forward to.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You defend as a team though, it's not good enough to just sign better defenders. If your midfield leaves your defence exposed constantly then you'll leak goals regardless of personnel.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It wasn't their midfield that caused the defensive problems. In fact almost the opposite

Eds

International Debutant
One off. Extra commitments this year won't help them at all.
If we expand the squad then why would that matter at all?

We had a much smaller squad than the other contenders last year which essentially offsets the 'less matches' argument.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Too early for the thread, and Gimp is monopolizing starting these threads it used to be a thing which was spread out. Pickup should lock it and ban Gimp on principal, IMHO

One off. Extra commitments this year won't help them at all.
I really don't get this TBH, they're going to have a lot more money and freedom to spend. This not being in Europe thing being such a great advantage rather ignores that there hasn't been a club win the Prem that haven't been in Europe, I think.

They desperately need defenders, and quality ones, if they get them and they gel I can see them putting on another challenge. In the end Henderson and Gerrard are fine defensively, so I'm not sure about Furball's point

Liverpools year this year.

Exeter to be the new Busby Babes with youngsters all looking at being multi-million pound players, or our woeful lack of experience/goals send us into the hell of the Conference to rot. Take your pick.

Tranmere to be disbanded as they're clearly crooked.

Arse to finish 4th.

Celtic to win the SPL, and no ****er will care as they'll be watching the League below..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We don't joke about that anymore. Last season was too close.
Just makes the joke more funny imo. They'll now have a bloated sense of optimism and actually expect to repeat last season's feat, making "their year" even more amusing than usual.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I asked multiple times for someone else to start it and you missed your chance. It is my 2nd in a row tbf. But it's only fair that I get to do it in the season I get to experience promotion for the first time

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If we expand the squad then why would that matter at all?

We had a much smaller squad than the other contenders last year which essentially offsets the 'less matches' argument.
Much smaller squad but if Lambert is a suggestion as to the back-up they're bringing in then they'll be needing Suarez and Sturridge to play very game.