• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Javi Martinez and Raphael Varane then obvs.

Seriously though I still think we can get Martinez. Will be Özil like where we pick him up a few weeks into the season because he's not playing/playing at centre back.
Bayern are not going to sell Kroos and Martinez in the same window.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I missed that Arsenal brought in Shad Forsythe to sort out their prank fitness department. I reckon that could be the signing of the season.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Says a lot doesn't it?

I've always dealt pretty well with my favourite players leaving though tbh. They always remain right up there as my favourite players no matter where they go.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, **** that.

If a player (or manager) leaves for ManUre or T*ttenham he's ****ing dead to me.

George Graham (RIP) broke my heart into little pieces. :cry:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When our young guys leave amicably for a bigger club I tend to keep an eye out for them. But otherwise I agree with Brumby

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tbf, I've had my heart broken pretty much every summer transfer window of my football following life. Maybe I'm just used to it/except it's the way it is.

It seems weird to me that someone can go from being you're favourite player to one of your least favourite just because he took on a better job offer somewhere else.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf, I've had my heart broken pretty much every summer transfer window of my football following life. Maybe I'm just used to it/except it's the way it is.

It seems weird to me that someone can go from being you're favourite player to one of your least favourite just because he took on a better job offer somewhere else.
The whole reason players become favourites is linked right in to what they do for the team though isn't it?

Mind you, the opposite doesn't work. When McAteer kissed the TRFC badge a little bit of our club died. He was never adored at PP.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cabinet a post-Bosman fan, obvs.

That said, I took Uppercut's cartoon to attack people who defend players for idiotic things, not those who hate on players leaving.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cabinet a post-Bosman fan, obvs.

That said, I took Uppercut's cartoon to attack people who defend players for idiotic things, not those who hate on players leaving.
I took it as a reference to the people who do both tbf, for example any Liverpool fans burning a Suarez shirt (not actually seen much of that but it was the easiest example I could think of)

BoyBrumby

Englishman

It's where they go.

I'm a realist (after a fashion); when Petit, Overmars, Cesc & Terence left for Barca I was (obviously) disappointed, but it's tempered with the knowledge they were moving onto a bigger club Arsenal have no particular beef with. Ditto Brady for Juve, Mickey Thomas for Liverpool and any number of players to Citeh.

It's when guys go to a club with evil in its heart I object. Graham was a dyed-in-the-wool Arsenal man; won us our first title in 18 years and had the cannon etched out on his driveway.

Going to T*ttenham, well it's just not done.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The whole reason players become favourites is linked right in to what they do for the team though isn't it?
True to an extent, definitely. But I don't think that should just die the second they leave. Their service still occurred. Take RVP for example. Spent eight years at Arsenal, the last seven of which were trophyless and then left aged 29 (i.e. post peak realistically) in search for greater success. As someone who hadn't yet won a league title despite being one of the most talented forwards of his generation I find it pretty hard to resent him for that.

Life is just so cruel sometimes.
I'm literally saying the exact opposite of that. I apologise if my eight year old self offended you by getting too upset by the departure of Arsenal's club captain.

Last edited: