• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be something Thai at the bottom of it, and in related news Reading are making a big fuss of signing a couple of nobodies - it's going to be a long hard season, again

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Women's World Cup is truly dreadful. Unless the players get naked it'll continue to serve no purpose. I wonder how much FIFA bribed Canada to host it.

Mark Warburton the new Rangers manager. It's obviously silly season.
Ratings of the final were absolutely massive ftr. Not expecting you to change your opinion, but they beat the ratings of game 6 of the NBA finals.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That is actually pretty impressive.

As a contest it was a terrible spectacle though. Was over within about ten mins. Couldn't sit through more than that.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is actually pretty impressive.

As a contest it was a terrible spectacle though. Was over within about ten mins. Couldn't sit through more than that.
Don't really agree with that, if it happened in a men's final it definitely wouldn't go down as a bad game. Goals 3 and 4 were the best two of the tournament.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't really agree with that, if it happened in a men's final it definitely wouldn't go down as a bad game. Goals 3 and 4 were the best two of the tournament.
Not a bad game perhaps, but I maintain a team being totally thrashed does not equal a good contest. The only reason Germany thrashing Brazil last year was any good, for instance, was because of the lulz involved.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I kinda agree with Sledger, mainly because it was late at night, and I couldn't be arsed to stay up when the match was won.

Yet the Yanks were really impressive, so different to how they'd played the Tournament before, makes you womder why they can't do that all the time, would make their matches a more interesting spectacle, rather than the grind they normally put on. Japan were clearly shell-shocked by it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I kinda agree with Sledger, mainly because it was late at night, and I couldn't be arsed to stay up when the match was won.

Yet the Yanks were really impressive, so different to how they'd played the Tournament before, makes you womder why they can't do that all the time, would make their matches a more interesting spectacle, rather than the grind they normally put on. Japan were clearly shell-shocked by it.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to belittle the achievement at all. Its just that, as you allude to, my motivation to watch the remaning 80 minutes when the match was clearly over already was not especially high.