• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

cpr

International Coach
Not sure if you heard. But Barcelona are playing Juventus next week in some final in Berlin. That's the last competitive club game of the season.
Remind us which part of that fits in the English football moniker of the title

(yes, being a pedantic **** - sue me)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Remind us which part of that fits in the English football moniker of the title

(yes, being a pedantic **** - sue me)
I said that last year, but apparently this thread is all encompassing of any football anywhere in the world that falls between the time frame.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I said that last year, but apparently this thread is all encompassing of any football anywhere in the world that falls between the time frame.
Tbf me, you and Grecian have posted in here and while league 2 qualifies on the English part I am not so sure about 'football'

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If you change the name then I will ensure it is ignored and a rival posted with the correct name

cpr

International Coach
Tbf me, you and Grecian have posted in here and while league 2 qualifies on the English part I am not so sure about 'football'

Pretty sure I've spoken about being forced to watch Morecambe play before, though I don't think I've been this season thankfully.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This is ridiculous. I know times change, rose tinted glasses blah blah blah - but watching the Cup Final at the end of May with a 5:30 kick off while there's a Test Match taking place at the same time is unconstituitional.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't understand the 5.30 KO. Same with the play offs last week
I don't know if the Play Offs fall foul of the "no live games between 2:30 and 5:30 on a Saturday" rule.

The Cup Final was always an exception, **** knows why they changed that one.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't know if the Play Offs fall foul of the "no live games between 2:30 and 5:30 on a Saturday" rule.

Certainly never used to though I must confess I hadn't thought of that. Could be to do with the fact the prem season hadnt finished (even though there were no games).

I mean having the Sunday one at five made sense on that basis as it avoided clash with the prem games

Same with the cup final - understood the later KO time in years when the season was still going on - not sure as to the logic behind it this season.

3pm is better for the Asian market too

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Certainly never used to though I must confess I hadn't thought of that. Could be to do with the fact the prem season hadnt finished (even though there were no games).

I mean having the Sunday one at five made sense on that basis as it avoided clash with the prem games

Same with the cup final - understood the later KO time in years when the season was still going on - not sure as to the logic behind it this season.

3pm is better for the Asian market too
Well yeah but the Premier League season has always finished on a Sunday precisely because of the Saturday ruling.

I'm pretty sure the Cup Final move was justified on the grounds of allowing more of a build up or some such bull****.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

BT showed the Bundesliga final games last Saturday. I think the no live game Saturday afternoon rule goes once the football league season finishes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well yeah but the Premier League season has always finished on a Sunday precisely because of the Saturday ruling.

I'm pretty sure the Cup Final move was justified on the grounds of allowing more of a build up or some such bull****.
They definitely had the prem finish on a few Saturdays even with the full coverage

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Turns out it was just moved to 5:15 because ITV wanted to do so, more people tuned in to watch so it's here to stay.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
They definitely had the prem finish on a few Saturdays even with the full coverage
Your memory is faulty. The final round of games in the Premier League has always been at 3pm on a Sunday, because it is illegal to broadcast live football in this country between half 2 and half 5 on a Saturday.

I remember watching the conclusion to the 1994/95 season on a Sunday afternoon at the cricket club.