• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I like him but his league record is not all that great. Thought you would want someone else, not really sure why.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, I like him but his league record is not all that great. Thought you would want someone else, not really sure why.
The only person I'd definitely want more is Guardiola. His league record isn't great but he'd at least be a safe pair of hands who won't do a United 2013/14 (you'd ****ing hope not).

Pothas

Yeah, that is a fair point, it is hard to see him doing a bad job. Someone like Simeone or Klopp would be more exciting but it would a big change in style.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Simeone doesn't speak English does he? I think he should stay at Atletico long-term, it's such a great fit.

Ancelotti is a decent enough manager, you could do a lot worse. It's a pretty conservative option though. He tends to perform to expectations but no better, it's hard to see him turning Arsenal into title challengers. I'm sure the businessmen running the club would love him but if I were a fan I'd much rather see Klopp. I just can't see that going the same way as Moyes. They're polar opposites. Even if he failed just as miserably it would be infinitely more fun.

Last edited:

Pothas

In a couple of years there will probably be more options, other coaches are likely to emerge. Maybe someone like Nuno.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hard to see them really botching it. One would hope that the Moyes debacle was a watershed moment so far as picking coaches who obviously are not of the requisite calibre for the job was concerned.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I guess what worries me is that Arsenal's stability doesn't really come from the board/ownership from what I understand. It's more down to Wenger. So when it comes to replacing him I genuinely don't have much idea of how competent the people choosing are.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't get the uproar, nor do I get why Ancelotti is considered a "great" coach. If you don't win a trophy you get the sack at RM, it's how it works. No shame in it at all, just take your enormous severance package and give someone else a go.

I don't think Benitez is amazing but he's probably better than Ancelotti, although a much less good fit for RM given how much style matters to them.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Don't get the uproar, nor do I get why Ancelotti is considered a "great" coach. If you don't win a trophy you get the sack at RM, it's how it works. No shame in it at all, just take your enormous severance package and give someone else a go.
Yeah, that's how it works at Real. Doesn't mean it isn't bonkers.

Ancelotti is a very good coach. Not too many better in the world. And of course the shame doesn't lie with the manager.