• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There's bene some negativity about Arsene saying he won't look to bring in lots of players, but I think we only need 2 or 3. I want a GK, a DM/CM who is strong in possession and all-round awesome and a forward (preferably a nine who is better than Giroud but I'm not sure one exists in the market at the moment). I'm thinking Cech/Lloris/Leno, Gundogan/Xhaka and no ****ing clue for the final one.
Will depend to some extent on what happens with Walcott's contract too.

I doubt there will be any movement on the GK front unless Ospina suddenly becomes really crap or Chesney gets sold somewhere. Not sure how likely either of those prospects are.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Any chance of Benzema moving on from Madrid? Is usually something talked about at this stage of the season.

Someone better than Mertesacker, is that Gabriel?
I've heard that Perez loves Benzema. Always talked about hi leaving but has never actually happened.

Mertesacker has had something of a resurgence in the last couple of months. If someone obviously better becomes available go for it but I don't think we have to to challenge. People saying we have to get a CB is a bit weird because we bought one in January and he's looked OK in his limited chances.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
We'll have to sell a few people or not renew as well. I'm thinking Flamini, Podolksi, Campbell, Diaby and potentially Szczesny and Walcott will leave. Hopefully cull the sheer numbers in the squad, raise the first XI quality and bring another couple of u21s through.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Podolski wants to come back apparently and I don't see us shifting his ass on 100kpw. Best we can hope for is another loan.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We'll have to sell a few people or not renew as well. I'm thinking Flamini, Podolksi, Campbell, Diaby and potentially Szczesny and Walcott will leave. Hopefully cull the sheer numbers in the squad, raise the first XI quality and bring another couple of u21s through.
One hopes Podolski will be off, but given his huge wages and disastrous time at Inter that might be tricky. Hard to see a future for him at Arsenal though. Wenger has gone on record as saying he doesn't at all rate him as a forward, only as a winger, and there's absolutely no space for another of those in Arsenal's squad. Diaby is surely gone, and I imagine Campbell will be as well so long as someone comes up with a decent offer for him.

I'd actually keep Flamini though, so long as he was happy to be used primarily as a cover/utility player. He's decent enough to fill in a dozen or so times each season, and can play at fullback as well. Would be more interested to moving Arteta along tbh.

Jarquis

Nah, Flamini can go. Useless berk. Arteta actually resembles a footballer and is club captain and an absolute asset on the training ground from all reports.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
i'd actually keep flamini though, so long as he was happy to be used primarily as a cover/utility player. He's decent enough to fill in a dozen or so times each season, and can play at fullback as well. Would be more interested to moving arteta along tbh.
wac.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah, Flamini can go. Useless berk. Arteta actually resembles a footballer and is club captain and an absolute asset on the training ground from all reports.
Haha DWTA. He's obviously not great, and not good enough for the biggest games, but he's serviceable. So long as he's not thought of as being a serious first team option on a regular basis and doesn't deny better younger players the chance to play I don't see the harm in keeping him.

Jarquis

Haha DWTA. He's obviously not great, and not good enough for the biggest games, but he's serviceable. So long as he's not thought of as being a serious first team option on a regular basis and doesn't deny better younger players the chance to play I don't see the harm in keeping him.
He's ****e.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, Flamini came back, did a serviceable job for a season but there's no room for him at the club next season.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Flamini doesn't deserve all the stick he gets these days, but we don't need him if we're signing another midfielder.