• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
He's been our standout player since Wilshere has got injured. Might even have been the league's standout player. 12/13esq.

I think people greatly under appreciate the nastiness of a lot of Spanish players tbh. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think they're a lot more willing to get stuck in than people think they are because they tend to be really good technically. Look at how many good defensive midfielders they've produced over the years, there were stages a couple years ago where Barca, the Madrid's, Bayern, Arsenal and City were all using Spanish DMs. And people like Silva, Cazorla and Cesc are proper tough guts PL players.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It still baffles me that Navas has played the most games for us this year. Contributes almost nothing every game, but I've said my Navas piece, there's nothing really left to say.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That was awful. One wonders how it would've gone if Yaya Toure was in the team instead of Fernando. Because **** me is Fernando a dog**** player. Makes more money in a weekl than I do in a year (maybe 2) and can't trap a ****ing football.
Haha, I spoke to Sledger Snr on the phone after the game, and this was pretty much exactly the first thing he said.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cazorla's tackling isn't anythig new. If Özil does come back then I'd much much much rather see Santi play in Ramsey's role than I would see him shifted out wide again

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Been thinking about it for months and I want a diamond tbh.

-----Coquelin------
Ramsey-Cazorla
--------Özil---------

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Cazorla's workrate is the significant thing, not his tackling, for mine. He just scuttles around everywhere and always seems to be arriving in the right position at the right time, defensively as much as offensively.

Players who're able to do that, and as a result push the opposition player wide/away from goal, are worth far more than those who are capable of getting stuck in and occasionally making impressive last-ditch tackles but whose defensive contribution is in reality pretty superficial. IMO anyway.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In unrelated news, my sister apparently met John Barnes at the art gallery she works at today. She says he seems like a top bloke.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I like the cut of Coquelin's jib.

Was effective as a screen for the defence, but it was particularly heartening to see him unafraid to dish out bollockings to more senior players.

We've lacked an organising talker for some time.

Early days, obvz, but hopefully the boy gets an extended run now with Arteta and Wilshire out for months rather than weeks and Flamini running on fumes.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I like the cut of Coquelin's jib.

Was effective as a screen for the defence, but it was particularly heartening to see him unafraid to dish out bollockings to more senior players.

We've lacked an organising talker for some time.

Early days, obvz, but hopefully the boy gets an extended run now with Arteta and Wilshire out for months rather than weeks and Flamini running on fumes.
tbf organised talking is about all Flamini's good at.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha, Kevin Mirallas takes a penalty and misses then gets subbed at half time.

Trying to force a transfer before window closes?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, it's sad to say but his injury was actually a huge blessing for Arsenal. It shouldn't be of course, but that's kind of what happens when you park him in central midfield instead of Cazorla or Özil.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah really highlights how poor Wenger's team selection has been this season, when someone getting injured can make a big improvement to the team. When you played us Cazorla came on as a second-half sub when Wilshere got injured, that's just ****ed.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Agree with Uppercut. Wenger has been woeful this season. The Arsenal fans are ecstatic with this win. Well, you could have been playing that way for ****ing years, ****s.