• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Navas is the definition of a one trick pony, he's a slightly better version of Adam Johnson with a worse eye for goal. Shame that with Kolarov out he's the only player in the squad who gives us any width.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LVG ballsed his subs up badly there. Moving Young to the right was especially dire, but we lost our shape completely in general.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Didn't think the Young incident was a red and he was engaging in his usual play acting. Totally unlikeable.

Anyone know more about the Keane vs Cleverly spat?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tottenham really are a smaller version of Arsenal. For all the talk of crisis and fans in bits because they're not going to make that step up this season they'll still probably finish top six for the sixth year in a row.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think I can keep pretending that we can't get playoffs anymore...but promotion, no way. Too stupid.

Pothas

Not looking forward to the January window. I don't think they are likely to leave but Jota and Gray have got to stay. Have total confidence that we would replace them but I just want to enjoy them for as long as possible.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not looking forward to the January window. I don't think they are likely to leave but Jota and Gray have got to stay. Have total confidence that we would replace them but I just want to enjoy them for as long as possible.
Find it hard to believe the headless chicken we released aged 18 has now become a striker at a Championship side going for the playoffs. Shows what working hard and an ability to learn can do for a player.

Pothas

Find it hard to believe the headless chicken we released aged 18 has now become a striker at a Championship side going for the playoffs. Shows what working hard and an ability to learn can do for a player.
It is amazing how much he has improved in the last few months. He was quick and very willing at the start of the season but he faded as games went on and you could really tell he had just come from non league football. Now he looks so strong, as well as fast, never lets the defenders rest and keeps scoring goals. Even more credit to him when you consider he has had to learn to play upfront on his own for the fist time as well as moving up 3 divisions.

Jota is something else though, players with that good a first touch just don't play for Brentford.

cpr

International Coach
I don't think I can keep pretending that we can't get playoffs anymore...but promotion, no way. Too stupid.
Would it necessarily be too bad a thing though? OK most teams that have come up so fast have started to get ideas above their station and spent too much trying to hold onto something uncontainable, but then there's always the likes of Wigan who managed to hold on and consolidate for a considerable time.

Basically if the board went ahead with the theory that it'll be a one off and a bunch of parachute payments could be invested wisely rather than thinking they can throw money in advance at the idea of staying up, then maybe it could be a good thing for the club. And of course if they somehow manage to survive 2 years.....

Pothas

Oh yeah it would be great, I know there are few Bees fans that would prefer not to go up but I am certainly not one of them. Our management is very astute and they would use the money wisely. The only issue is the stadium, I can't see us being allowed to play at Griffin Park and the new stadium is at least a couple of years away. It would be worth it to play in the Premiership but would hate to have to do it in another teams ground.

It is not going to happen anyway, still got to expect the bigger sides that are just below us will come through and take automatic promotion, and then we always lose the play-offs, that is one thing that will never change. There is nothing stopping us going up in a couple of years though, which in itself is a crazy thought.

grecian

Cattermole really should have been sent off by now, about 4 bookable challenges. Another one where the ref will no doubt say he doesn't want to ruin the game, because it's such a great game with a twattish thug kicking anything that moves.