• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Players look tired, the constant rotations are hindering the understanding between the newer players - I'd rather just focus on the league and cups. Europa never has and never will mean anything to me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Players look tired, the constant rotations are hindering the understanding between the newer players - I'd rather just focus on the league and cups. Europa never has and never will mean anything to me.
Haha, you say that now, but if in a few months' time Liverpool are fighting it out in the final you might change your stance somewhat.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fulham and Middlesborough have made the final. Liverpool are crap now but by the time the big games roll around they could be on a decent run.

It will definitely affect your league form though. As a United fan I'm not disappointed at all to see you in the EL.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
What do you seriously think are Liverpool's chances of finishing top 4? Not trying to have a dig or anything, but I wouldn't of thought they were high enough to want to scrap another potential pathway into next year's competition.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Still perfectly possible, but I would say it is very unlikely. Despite Arsenal's poor form, I suspect they will still get 4th.

Edit: @ Cabinet

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, you say that now, but if in a few months' time Liverpool are fighting it out in the final you might change your stance somewhat.
If it's the final and we're languishing somewhere in mid-table - yes.

What do you seriously think are Liverpool's chances of finishing top 4? Not trying to have a dig or anything, but I wouldn't of thought they were high enough to want to scrap another potential pathway into next year's competition.
Who even knows. So much could change in the January window and/or when Studge comes back. Outsider's chance.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Europa League carrying a CL place should add so much more prestige but nobody seems arsed

Rebranding it did all sorts of bad things to the competition. When yer scousers won it in 01 it was a huge deal for them

But I'm ****ed off tonight because my Wembley dreams were shattered :(

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Europa League carrying a CL place should add so much more prestige but nobody seems arsed

Rebranding it did all sorts of bad things to the competition. When yer scousers won it in 01 it was a huge deal for them

But I'm ****ed off tonight because my Wembley dreams were shattered :(
Only because they were desperate to crown it as their own Treble though really.

By the time 2001 came around there were multiple CL places available so the UEFA Cup was pretty poor by then. In fairness tbf Liverpool did beat Barcelona in the semis IIRC (I assume they must have come 3rd in their CL group that year) but they were at a pretty low ebb at the time.

I'm not sure rebranding has too much to do with it, I think the competition was piss poor for a few years before that tbh. I think it had more to do with the multiple CL spots; before then you were guaranteed some genuinely massive names in it. Now they're just all in the CL unless they have fallen off big time.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
It's strange to say of a knockout competition but I think they've got less chance of winning the Europa than they have of coming fourth in the league.

They are piss poor so I reckon they will go out to the first even halfway decent side they face in the Europa. But most Premier League teams are also piss poor at the moment, and for all Liverpool's general hilarity this season they are only five points off fourth. A couple of injured players return, and a couple find some sort of form, and whilst they still won't be very good they won't be significantly worse than anyone else to the extent that we can write off fourth IMO.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Celtic knocking Liverpool out in the year the former got to the final was one of the most amusing UEFA Cup moments for mine.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Next Europa league fixture for us will be 19th of Feb; so hopefully Sturridge going well by then.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Credit to Monaco for managing to top a Champions League group by doing a Villa. Reckon we'll draw them and breeze into the last eight.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah the actual stuff they say is comical. The stuff to Campbell like he isn't a player who is desperate to be at Arsenal and play and is in fact a world star playing at a club beneath him. And telling Wenger to "get out of my club", as if the club is somehow more the club of some loudmouth drunkard than its greatest ever manager. **** sake.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I remain very firmly pro-Wenger, but even if I wasn't stuff like that would still leave the taste of bile in my throat.

As Cabbers alludes to the man is an absolute legend and deserves much better from some of the ingrate wuckfits who follow the Arse.

It's a mark of the man that he won't walk away, but I wouldn't blame him if he did.