• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Society really needs to stop pretending that making a tasteless joke with reference to racial stereotypes is the worst thing anyone could ever do. It's not like he called someone a ****ing black **** or said "I kicked you because you're black, blackie".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Society really needs to stop pretending that making a tasteless joke with reference to racial stereotypes is the worst thing anyone could ever do. It's not like he called someone a ****ing black **** or said "I kicked you because you're black, blackie".
Yeah I honestly just think he has lost the meaning of it in translation. Pretty sure he meant it as an anti-racist thing

cpr

International Coach
Nah, I don't think he meant it as an anti-racist thing at all. The pictures been doing the rounds of the internet/social media in the last week, so he's seen it, thought its funny, and reposted. Not thought about the backlash - Italy's far more anti-Semetic than here, that sort of thing is probably very funny in Italy, and I guess Mario thought the black stereotype was funny rather than offensive.

Not done in any malicious way, just someone forgetting he's a public star with millions watching his every move again. As Uppercut said, end of the world it is not.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've not actually seen it tbf so just making judgement from some of the different articles I've seen

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah, I don't think he meant it as an anti-racist thing at all. The pictures been doing the rounds of the internet/social media in the last week, so he's seen it, thought its funny, and reposted. Not thought about the backlash - Italy's far more anti-Semetic than here, that sort of thing is probably very funny in Italy, and I guess Mario thought the black stereotype was funny rather than offensive.

Not done in any malicious way, just someone forgetting he's a public star with millions watching his every move again. As Uppercut said, end of the world it is not.
Yeah, these are largely my thoughts as well. Not the biggest crime in the world maybe, but imagine if a pundit had said it, or a coach. (e.g. "De Gea jumped like a black man to make that save, he grabbed the ball like a Jew grabbing money".) They'd be put through the ringer for it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, these are largely my thoughts as well. Not the biggest crime in the world maybe, but imagine if a pundit had said it, or a coach. (e.g. "De Gea jumped like a black man to make that save, he grabbed the ball like a Jew grabbing money".) They'd be put through the ringer for it.
I read that in Andy Townsend's voice. It would probably be the funniest thing ever to happen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Thierry is great in a suit. Loved how he insisted on wearing a tie when he was a MOTD pundit.

Pep has a nasty habit of wearing leather ties. Such abominations ought to be banned.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Really? Leather ties? I'm against that.

I live in the arse-end of Africa, so I don't get MOTD. I get Andy ****ing Townsend and some other nobodies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah... Pep is as cool as they get, but some things are just not on:

And my condolences. We too have to put up with Andy Townsend - something that nobody should ever be made to endure.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He's pulling it off there, though.
Nah, he looks like a spiv waiting to get into an S&M club.

Thierry does the whole thing much better:

Very tasteful, and not only is he wearing a tie that is not made of leather, but one that is done up properly. His greatness is made only more apparently by virtue of the fact that he is sat next to a very gaudily dressed Alan Shearer, whose shirt is an absolute abortion.

Anyway, someone will moan at me for turning this into a fashion thread in a minute, so I will be quiet.