• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played well there before so I wouldn't mind it. Still doesn't mean we can't strengthen there in January, although our lack of defenders should take precedence.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
About time Ox was given a go in the middle imo.
Wouldn't that leave you short of wingers? I know there's talk of Welbeck playing wide, but he's only ever been hopeless there.

I'd have thought you'd go Flamini-Ramsey-Cazorla in the middle with Sanchez and Ox on the wings.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wouldn't that leave you short of wingers? I know there's talk of Welbeck playing wide, but he's only ever been hopeless there.

I'd have thought you'd go Flamini-Ramsey-Cazorla in the middle with Sanchez and Ox on the wings.
Oh yeah, it would do for sure. Would probably lead to more "let's stick Ozil on the wing" type experiments or something similarly dire.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Phil Masinga was also at Leeds for a while, went there the same time as Lucas, but didn't have nearly the same impact. Saw him score a 35-yard scorcher to get SA to our first ever World Cup back in '98. Was at the stadium, 100 000 fans at Soccer City (where the 2010 final was held, though it looked way different back then).

**** I'm old :(

cpr

International Coach
Anyone who mentions a passing liking for Leeds goes on everyones ignore list you know. Hell I campaign it deserves a permaban

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I was thinking earlier about all those hilariously poor signings that Leeds made in the year they went down from the Premiership. I seem to recall Roque Junior being a complete diaster, but that there were other funny players like Lamine Sakho, and one or two others too.

The best was the time they came to Highbury and tried to play the offside trap against Henry and co. Got absolutely mauled. Just one of the craziest tactical decisions I can remember.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Haha, given who their manager was you might think they wouldn't employ that tactic.

Was hoping Man Utd would do a Leeds and relegate themselves, but the other teams in that league are just so bad it would take magnificent incompetence to get relegated from that shower.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Trying to get applause in the 63rd minute at Anfield today - admittedly half my efforts are just tweeting, but we'll see. #missyaHughesy :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Looks like it'll get a mention in the broadcast, but nothing more. Regardless, much appreciated.