• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
That still can't be right though. They beat Liverpool away the season before last, and Chelsea away the season before that.

Edit: Ah, mind you, I suppose Liverpool were not a top 4 side at the time. Never mind.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pfft, all these signings for your team in off-season is a bit vulgar, I'm glad Exeter are keeping out of it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
My shower have signed Akpa-Akpro from Gimps lot.

Guess we needed a bench warmer, he fits the bill.
He was outstanding for his first 3 months with us. Looked absolute diamond. Did his metatarsal and scored I think 3 more goals for us after that. But if you look at his track record that was pretty much a reverting to type. He did finish the season looking lively, no doubt chasing a contract.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ronnie Moore predicted him to score a ridiculous amount of goals and end up in the Premiership didn't he? Good old Ronnie.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf to Ronnie he said the same about Ash Taylor and was proved correct when he signed for Aberdeen

King Pietersen

International Captain
Ryan Gauld: ?Sporting Lisbon is the best culture of football for me? | Ewan Murray | Football | theguardian.com

Not English football, but an interesting move, moving from Scotland to Portugal., been a gun on FM for a couple of years. Must be rated very highly though, has a £48m release clause at Sporting. Dundee have/had some very good youngsters. Souttar and Mackay-Steven are meant to be very talented too. Anyone seen Gauld play? The talks of Scottish-Messi/future of Scottish football accurate? Thoughts on the move to Sporting?

Last edited:

grecian

Yeah, I don't watch enough of Newcastlee or France, but he looks perfectly fine to me.

It's not really a ***y position, a solid performer will do for you. He's certainly comfortable on the ball and knows English football, so I'd have thought he'd slot in easily.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For Newcastle he's varied between serviceable and terrible, but his better performances have come more recently. It's not the worst signing. Just fills a hole with an average French guy.

Balague reckons Arsenal have an agreement with Sanchez.

Jarquis

See, that's a signing to get properly excited about. I can't quite believe that either he or Vidal are likely though - it's the stuff you dream of as a 12yo

Pothas

Barca are just so stupid if they are actually going to get Suarez and get rid of Sanchez . I mean of course Suarez is a better footballer, but Sanchez does not bite people.

Pothas

For Newcastle he's varied between serviceable and terrible, but his better performances have come more recently. It's not the worst signing. Just fills a hole with an average French guy.
Yeah I remember against City at the start of last season he was just unspeakably awful but have not really noticed him since then and he has been quite decent in the World Cup so far.

What happened to Aurier

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Barca are just so stupid if they are actually going to get Suarez and get rid of Sanchez . I mean of course Suarez is a better footballer, but Sanchez does not bite people.
It feels bat**** crazy that they're letting Sanchez go at all, but if something has to give between Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Sanchez then it's only ever going to be Sanchez.

It's really easy to feel like Suarez won't bite anyone again, in which case he's just a clear upgrade on Sanchez. Not biting people is a part of the game that pretty much all other players are fantastic at, and you'd think someone as good as Suarez would be capable of improving in that area. But then we've thought that before.

grecian

:laugh: Yes indeed.

Yet it's a serious point, I know Suarez is a genius, but he's going to do something again soon, and you'll have a multi-million pound asset doing **** all, because he's banned Scousers have to get rid early and get replacements.